ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alto Stagedrive +  (Read 3043 times)

Kent Thompson

Alto Stagedrive +
« on: August 20, 2014, 10:37:19 AM »

Has anyone used the Alto Stagedrive+ dsp or have any opinions of the company's quality as a whole that could give me some insight in whether or not to use it in a tight budget system. It seems ridiculously cheap for the features it states it has which bothers me somewhat...

George Dougherty

Re: Alto Stagedrive +
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 11:02:47 AM »

Has anyone used the Alto Stagedrive+ dsp or have any opinions of the company's quality as a whole that could give me some insight in whether or not to use it in a tight budget system. It seems ridiculously cheap for the features it states it has which bothers me somewhat...
Alto is pretty much on par with Behringer and Sampson, though they do seem to make some better products as well.  I just picked up two of their Stealth Wireless units to connect powered speakers without running cables during a wedding reception in a 100+year old mansion.  There are a number of people around that seem to like them better than Behringer but I'm not sure whether that's just due to reception or actual product quality.

Based on price points, they can't be much better than the lower end of MI competition.

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 11:40:21 AM »

Kent...

The key is if used is OK.  I picked up a ver decent 4 in 8 out DSP from the Marketplace for $150.00 a while back, bought but never used.

Alto can be serviceable, but if you can shop hard you can get better for the money.

What do you really need the box to do for you?
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Kent Thompson

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 02:04:38 PM »

Delay, eq and xover. Mains with subs and 2 rear fills which need a bunch more delay than the cheap dbx units allow. I will attempt to go with a dbx 260 but, I may need a cheaper new alternative. Use will not be possible in this case. Thanks for your posts.

Problem solved Thank you again.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 07:20:42 PM by Kent Thompson »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 02:04:38 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 24 queries.