ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 1,000th post anniversary  (Read 8022 times)

Mike Sokol

• Lead instructor for the No~Shock~Zone
    • No~Shock~Zone Electrical Safety
1,000th post anniversary
« on: August 18, 2014, 10:41:33 AM »

Good heavens, I'm now at 997 posts (or is that 998 with this post?) and will hit 1,000 posts on this forum sometime today. Will there be a big confetti cannon or something?  ;D

Just down the street from me is the storage facility with the original cannons from AC-DC's "For Those About to Rock" tour. No kidding. I've also seen the case for the big bell from their Hells Bells tour, but I think it's empty. Yes, they put a mic on the bell for the tour, but I'm guessing they didn't need to mic the cannons.   :o

This is a terrible recording of the AC-DC cannons in action, but it's all I can find: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxBBE7gdXKY

In any event, it's been great moderating this forum and I sure have learned a lot. What do you get when you hit 5,000 posts?  8)

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: 1,000th post anniversary
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 11:33:07 AM »

Good heavens, I'm now at 997 posts (or is that 998 with this post?) and will hit 1,000 posts on this forum sometime today. Will there be a big confetti cannon or something?  ;D

Just down the street from me is the storage facility with the original cannons from AC-DC's "For Those About to Rock" tour. No kidding. I've also seen the case for the big bell from their Hells Bells tour, but I think it's empty. Yes, they put a mic on the bell for the tour, but I'm guessing they didn't need to mic the cannons.   :o

This is a terrible recording of the AC-DC cannons in action, but it's all I can find: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxBBE7gdXKY

In any event, it's been great moderating this forum and I sure have learned a lot. What do you get when you hit 5,000 posts?  8)

At 1000 posts your premium is a toaster, at 5000 you have a choice of a toaster oven or waffle maker.

Anyone remember the days when retail banks would offer such premiums when you opened an account with them?  Today they give you the shaft, not a cheap kitchen appliance.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Chris Hindle

• SR Forums
  • Montreal, Quebec, Canada, Earth, Sol System,......
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 12:17:01 PM »

At 1000 posts your premium is a toaster, at 5000 you have a choice of a toaster oven or waffle maker.

Anyone remember the days when retail banks would offer such premiums when you opened an account with them?  Today they give you the shaft, not a cheap kitchen appliance.
Congrats Mike, and really, keep up the good work.
Tim, the shaft ain't cheap (or free) either.....
Ya, Whatever. Just throw a '57 on it, and get off my stage.

John Roberts {JR}

• Hickory, Mississippi, USA
    • Resotune
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 12:43:48 PM »

The post counter is just a reminder that you spend too much time on the WWW
I don't recall seeing cannons but I do have a related anecdote. Back in the '80s while I was working in the Hartford CT area, I met with a friend of mine who was traveling with the tour. He was kind of an equipment expert (boffin) they brought along to keep the rig working properly. Well I was meeting with him on the afternoon of the show in a tiny room backstage and unbeknown to us the city fire marshall was there and asked them to do a test fire of the cannon effect mortar. They blew it off literally a few feet outside our door. At least the rest of the crew thought it was funny.  >:(

A 5,000 you get a larger round number reminder of time spent, but keep up the good work.

JR
Cancel the "cancel culture". Do not participate in mob hatred.

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 12:44:05 PM »

You get a consolation letter offering sympathy for all of the time spent re-answering the same questions over and over.

Sorry for your soon-to-be loss.  :)

Art Welter

• Santa Fe, New Mexico
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 06:27:16 PM »

Don't know, they busted me down to zero just before that happened...

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2014, 06:31:55 PM »

I THINK that some people had post counts carried over from the old forums… I mean I don't care cos I only had like twenty, but for those who had a lot, it would sure be spiffy. :)

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Mike Sokol

• Lead instructor for the No~Shock~Zone
    • No~Shock~Zone Electrical Safety
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2014, 07:50:52 PM »

So you missed out on your choice of a toaster oven or waffle maker.  ;D

Art Welter

• Santa Fe, New Mexico
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2014, 07:54:41 PM »

So you missed out on your choice of a toaster oven or waffle maker.  ;D
How waffle  :'(

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2014, 08:08:59 PM »

How waffle  :'(

I've always attributed that line to Harry Anderson...right or wrong.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2014, 08:08:59 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 19 queries.