ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Wireless transmitters that support Shure capsules and adapters?  (Read 10999 times)

Jeremi Roivas

Hello since nowhere are talked about what transmitters are Shure capsule ready and which needs adapters I tought to start discussion because I really am after transmitter and receiver for my sm58 capsules that has taken from bad frequency transmitters. So I am after cheap wireless set that is capsule exchangeable with sm58 capsules.

Frequencies need to be:

823–832 MHz (UHF)    Usage for free license
863–865 MHz (UHF)    Usage for free licence

If you have experience in this matter please join to talk.

I have heard that Samson Concert transmitter supports Shure capsules...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 05:17:19 AM by Jeremi Roivas »

Jordan Wolf

Re: Wireless transmitters that support Shure capsules and adapters?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 01:44:45 PM »

Jeremi,

RatSound makes ones that let you use Audix and Sennheiser capsules on various Shure and Lectrosonics TX units, and I know I've seen some others for sale at B&H Photo/Video.

Other posts have been made about them, maybe try searching for capsule adapters.
Jordan Wolf
<><

"We want our sound to go into the soul of the audience, and see if it can awaken some little thing in their minds... Cause there are so many sleeping people." - Jimi Hendrix

Chuck Simon

• Pittsburgh, Pa.
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 02:08:37 PM »

The Line 6 wireless 70 and 75 series accept Shure capsules.

Jeremi Roivas

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 02:27:48 PM »

The Line 6 wireless 70 and 75 series accept Shure capsules.

Nice Kam VHF supports shure capsules: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003SQ91US/ref=s9_simh_gw_p267_d0_i5?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=19Q0J371BCGC1G1RZ8Y9&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=455344027&pf_rd_i=468294

This was confimed by amazon seller who is audio gear store.

Also German Alpha Audio: http://www.alpha-audio.de/alphaaudio_mic_dual_wl.html?&L=12

I think these will fit also. I bought these as they share same mic transmitter model than KAM audio but they operate UHF 683-685 band. The good thing of these were also that they support 9V battery so I can use Li-ION batteries with it. Makse 4 times more operating time than statet. I will report if they support Shure capsules.

Jeremi Roivas

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 03:04:05 PM »

RatSound makes ones that let you use Audix and Sennheiser capsules on various Shure and Lectrosonics TX units

Lectrosonics mic is confirmed to support Shure capsules by youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Z0FbTNiIx0M

Also in the video is said that EV, HiSound and Telefunkin capsules can be used so I assume these mics are shure compatible also. Audix capsules need that adapter to support Shure threading so audix transmitters does not work with shure, neither does senheiser.

Edit:

I went to EV and Telefunkin websites and it seams their mics thread size seem similar to shure when looking the mics so I guess this is confirmed.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 06:21:20 AM by Jeremi Roivas »

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 10:59:58 AM »

Lectrosonics mic is confirmed to support Shure capsules by youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Z0FbTNiIx0M

Also in the video is said that EV, HiSound and Telefunkin capsules can be used so I assume these mics are shure compatible also. Audix capsules need that adapter to support Shure threading so audix transmitters does not work with shure, neither does senheiser.

Edit:

I went to EV and Telefunkin websites and it seams their mics thread size seem similar to shure when looking the mics so I guess this is confirmed.

I think you should email those manufacturers to confirm your visual observations.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Jeremi Roivas

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 11:09:23 AM »

I can now confirm that Alpha Audio One mics do support Shure capsules but, 1. the9V pin is missing and 2. the 9V line is not soldered from transmitter.

When these modifications are done my sm58 capsules do work nice. They have a strong signal even better than Alpha Audio One capsules.

Don Boomer

• RF Venue
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2014, 01:34:33 PM »

When these modifications are done my sm58 capsules do work nice. They have a strong signal even better than Alpha Audio One capsules.

You might wanna keep an eye on that.  Most Shure wireless capsules have a preamp built into the capsule that may be unnecessary to your transmitter.  You may end up overdriving the input to the transmitter.
Don Boomer
Senior applications engineer
RF Venue, Inc.

Jeremi Roivas

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2014, 03:45:17 AM »

You might wanna keep an eye on that.  Most Shure wireless capsules have a preamp built into the capsule that may be unnecessary to your transmitter.  You may end up overdriving the input to the transmitter.

Hello, the sm58 is just slightly louder. I measured Shure transmitters had 1.7V center, 5V mid and outer is GND. My transmitter has 9V battery and measures were these: Center 3.7V, mid 8.2V-6V and outer is GND. Reminding that 9V batteries keep constantly about 8.4-6V voltage so thish is proper voltage for the capsule all time. The center higher voltage may provide some differency in signal streght or not but all and all Shure sounds a bit more volume than Alpha Audio mics. They are nearly the same but shure has more presence and stuff like that. So I think there are no issues atleast for sm58 capsules.

Still the voltages are better in this transmitter since it has more room for audio signal. 1.7v is often used as reference voltages in op-amp circuits because it can just fine hold the line level. 3.7 provides more than enough room.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 03:53:09 AM by Jeremi Roivas »

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2014, 10:09:19 AM »

Hello, the sm58 is just slightly louder. I measured Shure transmitters had 1.7V center, 5V mid and outer is GND. My transmitter has 9V battery and measures were these: Center 3.7V, mid 8.2V-6V and outer is GND. Reminding that 9V batteries keep constantly about 8.4-6V voltage so thish is proper voltage for the capsule all time. The center higher voltage may provide some differency in signal streght or not but all and all Shure sounds a bit more volume than Alpha Audio mics. They are nearly the same but shure has more presence and stuff like that. So I think there are no issues atleast for sm58 capsules.

Still the voltages are better in this transmitter since it has more room for audio signal. 1.7v is often used as reference voltages in op-amp circuits because it can just fine hold the line level. 3.7 provides more than enough room.

Jeremi, That's not what Don is talking about.  He works for Line 6 and is familiar with the use of capsules on wireless transmitters.  I suspect he's familiar with the major brands and products and the differences between them.  It might be wise to consider his thoughts and examine different versions of the same mic element, as used by different transmitter manufacturers.  This is about the audio voltage level (not power supply voltages) sent from the capsule to the transmitter.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2014, 10:09:19 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 23 queries.