ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Wireless transmitters that support Shure capsules and adapters?  (Read 11000 times)

Jeremi Roivas

Re: Wireless transmitters that support Shure capsules and adapters?
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2014, 10:36:50 AM »

Jeremi, That's not what Don is talking about.  He works for Line 6 and is familiar with the use of capsules on wireless transmitters.  I suspect he's familiar with the major brands and products and the differences between them.  It might be wise to consider his thoughts and examine different versions of the same mic element, as used by different transmitter manufacturers.  This is about the audio voltage level (not power supply voltages) sent from the capsule to the transmitter.

What he really talks is that if Audio amplitude is overdriven this means 50% of amplitude of carrier signal. This causes distortion since phase sifts happens. Then you are not getting proper audio anymore and is very audible.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 10:54:22 AM by Jeremi Roivas »

Jeremi Roivas

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2014, 09:04:03 AM »

Here is more info with Alpha Audio Mic one Dual:

The battery case is so tight, that li-ion 9V batteries don't fit here. But workarraund is that you remove the battery case and add electric tape arround the li-ions cells:

Gig experience:

For quality wise I have to give thumb up! The build quality is professional on the receiver, the power button is smooth, heavy weighting type that screams professional. Same on gain potentiometers, smooth and heavy to turn. This mic set has good gain levels, where usual entry models, that I have seen, had to turn receiver gain to near max, this set needs clock 12 only. Same setup in mixer gain and you have plenty slider gain possibilites still for singers. The normal singer can have mid height of the slider and quiet singer you have really a lot of gain possibilites, on receiver, on preamp and on slider. 9V 1200mah li-ion battery lasted 6h gig without problem, altho I use them in Karaoke gigs and I use them off while not singing. How ever I made some studies on the factory used test battery type and this is it combaring to li-ion 600mah rechargeable cells:

« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 11:04:52 AM by Jeremi Roivas »

Thomas Le

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2014, 10:26:27 AM »

Considering that it's a knockoff of an older Shure design, I'm surprised the capsule fits.

Curious, where were the old capsules from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeremi Roivas

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2014, 10:46:31 AM »

Considering that it's a knockoff of an older Shure design, I'm surprised the capsule fits.

Curious, where were the old capsules from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was from Shure UL2 transmitter set. I bought them from guy that had no use for the tramitters as they have wrong UHF frequencies and gave them to me cheaply. This why I was able to measure how the Shure mics work and why the mic don't work with my set and what to modify that they work.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 10:49:41 AM by Jeremi Roivas »

Jeremi Roivas

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2014, 07:37:07 AM »

Hello, I confirm here that these Litelong 880mah rechargeable li-ion batteries fit into battery case. Very nice indeed!

I am adding later 102ohm test curve, here is picture after 5h passed:

Test 1:

Average current is: 73,4 mA
Battery rating for test 1: 734 mAh

Current was calculated using voltage/resitance in Open Office Calc same time when voltage was added per time.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 12:57:56 AM by Jeremi Roivas »

Jeremi Roivas

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2014, 12:42:22 AM »

Test curve for Litelong battery added.

Mark Rombouts

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2014, 04:39:13 AM »

Idea: If you want to use Shure capsules....... why don't just by a Shure wireless system ?!

Jeremi Roivas

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2014, 06:14:49 AM »

Idea: If you want to use Shure capsules....... why don't just by a Shure wireless system ?!

Obivious answer, I am electronics engineer and I know that all transmitters should work with other brand capsules, so the price is valid point to chose transmitter that can support better capsules and is cheap with good distance. Shure charges many hundred dollars more for 2 mics system with sm58 capsules and while I got capsules from second hand I wanted to pick cheap wireless set that supports shure capsules.

Another good point is that I expect to see many capsules in Finland to become cheaply avail becaus frequency changes in EU that denies some professional older frequencies to be used and therefore the transmitters and receivers goes to trash and capsules stay on the market.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 01:46:05 PM by Jeremi Roivas »

Jeremi Roivas

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2015, 01:43:19 PM »

I can confirm that the voltage level of carrier is a bit too high. This happens when battery is aproaching to 6v the sound gets distordted and thus needs battery swap. If the receiver would have 1.9v isntead the 3 volt dc it would keep the audio similar untile the batter drops dead. Anyway the mic lasts about 3*5h gis if you keep hitting battery off all the time. If keeped online for full 5h karaoke the mics can take 2  gigs and in third they will start to distord. Even so the improvement over alkalani is so much. Instead of 4,5h usage over 10 hours can be used with li-ions.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2015, 10:54:18 PM »

Samson made a VHF diversity broadcast series with EV or Shure capsules.  The transmitters are nice extruded aluminum and the receivers are very rugged rack mount units designed for mobile production.

They appear on the used market every now and then, most people don't know what they are and you can get them for next to nothing.

The transmitters are synthesized and very stable.  Once I had to run the tuning procedure on a transmitter when the VCO went out of lock.

Samson also put the SM58 on cheaper fixed frequency RX's and TX's.  Stay away, they are 10+ years old and the crystals drift like crazy.  If you are a radio geek and have a service monitor it's no big deal however that's not a common item in most production shops.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2015, 10:54:18 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 24 queries.