ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: SRX with or without "The Orange Badge"  (Read 14951 times)

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
Re: SRX with or without "The Orange Badge"
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2014, 02:21:17 PM »

I'm pretty used to seeing badges  or logos on everything in life so it makes no difference to me. I'd rather have the badges on the cabs  than not just so they don't get lost.  Not sure how easily they come off - never removed one.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2014, 02:48:11 PM »

4 725 all facing forward..Comb city!

Two of mine have badges, two do not. I don't really care.
Actually, SRX722s, if you wanna be all nitpicky. :-p They're a bit narrower then a 725, being 12" boxes and not 15" boxes. A 725 will about fill up the top of an SRX718.

If you REALLY want to see comb filtering...
http://www.soundguardeventssoundsystems.com/mid_size_jbl_srx_722__718_sound_system

Debbie, they are stuck on pretty good, so they do not inadvertently fall off, but with a knife or chisel, they will peel off quickly.

Ray
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 03:00:47 PM by Ray Aberle »
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2014, 03:40:56 PM »

http://www.soundguardeventssoundsystems.com/mid_size_jbl_srx_722__718_sound_system

Probably very quiet though!

MID SIZE JBL SRX UNPOWERED RIG

Steve.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2014, 03:44:03 PM »

Probably very quiet though!

Steve.

The picture in the original post is from that vendor.  Scroll down the page and you'll see a different view of the same red building in the background, and the generators... the same flat front deployment, and the placement of the badged versions of the speakers to the center.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2014, 04:18:59 PM »

The picture in the original post is from that vendor.  Scroll down the page and you'll see a different view of the same red building in the background, and the generators... the same flat front deployment, and the placement of the badged versions of the speakers to the center.

Yeah, I noticed that as well, after I had edited my post with that link... very... ummm, creative deployments. *shrugs*
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2014, 03:00:57 AM »

It was the 'Unpowered' bit I was commenting on!

There is another advantage to those removable orange JBL logos.  You can take them off and still have your JBL cabs branded and stick the orange badges onto your cheap Behringer/Mackie/Skytec/Ekho/etc. cabs for an instant upgrade!

Steve.

Thomas Le

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2014, 09:58:28 AM »

Actually, SRX722s, if you wanna be all nitpicky. :-p They're a bit narrower then a 725, being 12" boxes and not 15" boxes. A 725 will about fill up the top of an SRX718.

Debbie, they are stuck on pretty good, so they do not inadvertently fall off, but with a knife or chisel, they will peel off quickly.

Ray

Why does the guy have an external crossover and EQ when there's a DR260? At least in some pictures he isn't running them all one direction...

Art Welter

• Santa Fe, New Mexico
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2014, 01:58:39 PM »

Why does the guy have an external crossover and EQ when there's a DR260?
Equipment can fail, having a back up is a good plan, even if not capable of exactly the same transfer function.

Also, many people still prefer EQs they can adjust easily to the user interface presented by a DR260.

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2014, 07:02:43 PM »

Equipment can fail, having a back up is a good plan, even if not capable of exactly the same transfer function.

Also, many people still prefer EQs they can adjust easily to the user interface presented by a DR260.

I never understood that one.  Once a system is set in the drive rack, why do you need to 'easily' access the EQ or crossover?  That shouldn't be a mid-show change type of device.  Having  a backup available in the rack could be a valid reason.

I also wonder why the heck there are blank spaces between the amps??  With the airflow on those amps going back to front, there's no need for the space.  They cool just fine without it.  Very little heat dissipates above the amps.  The amp racks could be quite a bit smaller without the spacing.
Brian Jojade

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2014, 07:28:29 PM »

For years I had a backup analog crossover in my amp rack. If the DSP failed I planned to patch it in.

I never use my DSP as a user adjustable device. In analog days I had GEQs for tailoring the sound. Now I use the GEQs in the mixer.

I agree that the spacing of the amps is a waste.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2014, 07:28:29 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.486 seconds with 26 queries.