ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: some dugan questions for ya'll  (Read 6969 times)

Jesse Bastos

Re: some dugan questions for ya'll
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2014, 05:08:48 PM »

Hey guys, I posted this over at the dugausers group, no response - wondering if someone may be able to help with either of these questions - thanks!

-I used 2 Dugan MY-16 cards in an LS9-32 the past few days. I could not get the insert points on the LS9-32 to be post fader. The "Insert Point Select Box" on the INSERT pop-up window read PRE EQ. But when I tried to select the box to change it to Post Fader, nothing happened. I did not see any option to change the insert point. The firmware was 1.33. Any suggestions?

-I have a question about how to balance mics with a Dugan system. Assume that inserts are post fader, and that there is a panel of 3 speakers..everyone gets on stage, and speaker 1 is quieter than speaker 2 and 3, and needs a volume boost. From what I understand, I have 2 ways of balancing these mics...
1.) either potting up the gain or sliding the fader up on speaker 1 (this will put more gain into the entire dugan's "pool" of gain to be shared by all active channels, right?)
2.) use the "weight" control to adjust the ratio of person 1 relative to the other 2 people, giving person 1 more access to the "pool" of gain (would this be making person 1 louder, or just turning the other 2 people down?)
Which is the recommended way while using the Dugan Automixer, and why? Please help me to compare these 2 options and the pros and cons of each.

Thanks in advance for your time!!

I prefer to use the weighting on the Dugan to compensate for extra soft  or loud speakers. This way I can keep the mic gains relatively close. Sometimes, however, you don't have the luxury of sound checks to dial this all in. In that case, mixing with the faders works just fine.....

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: some dugan questions for ya'll
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2014, 05:08:48 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 24 queries.