ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: IEC electric wiring colors  (Read 2986 times)

Ken Barlow

IEC electric wiring colors
« on: March 23, 2011, 01:35:38 PM »

Quick question,

I'm rewiring some old IEC's to specific length. I ran across one with brown, blue and green. Green I can deduce but how would blue and Brown correspond to white and black? Just want to be sure.

Thanks,
Ken
If it wasn't for the long hours and low pay, I would have been out of this business years ago.

Geoff Doane

• Halifax, NS
Re: IEC electric wiring colors
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 02:27:05 PM »

Quick question,

I'm rewiring some old IEC's to specific length. I ran across one with brown, blue and green. Green I can deduce but how would blue and Brown correspond to white and black? Just want to be sure.

Thanks,
Ken

Blue is neutral (white), brown is line (black).

The IEC connector often has L and N molded into the plastic near the receptacles, so you can check for continuity yourself.

GTD

P.S.  I just checked half a dozen random IEC cords here, and half had the letters and half didn't.  If you think of the IEC receptacle as if it was a Nema 5-15, neutral and line are reversed.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 02:31:28 PM by Geoff Doane »

Ken Barlow

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 02:31:21 PM »

Blue is neutral, brown is line.

The IEC connector often has L and N molded into the plastic near the receptacles, so you can check for continuity yourself.

GTD

No labeling on the IEC end. It is a Kawasaki cable that is 15' with a strange male end. Just wanted to put an Edison on it. Thanks for the info.

Ken
If it wasn't for the long hours and low pay, I would have been out of this business years ago.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 02:31:21 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.