ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recording  (Read 2342 times)

Ron Schroeyens

Recording
« on: August 12, 2014, 01:56:24 PM »

A few years back we just about got into some pretty hot water because the Tour Manager /FOH tech decided to record the show. Shortly after he was fired and apparently used that recording to create a live CD which was sold over seas. The lawyers eventually traced it back to the festival we did and everyone got served Venue, Promoter, Sound Company , Tech etc etc . We now ask for a release form before hooking up to our console for anything and with some folks its been no issue but others for some reason this becomes a battle. We even had a well know booking agent say this was the first time in 25 years he had ever heard of this.
What if anything are you guys doing

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Recording
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 02:10:09 PM »

A few years back we just about got into some pretty hot water because the Tour Manager /FOH tech decided to record the show. Shortly after he was fired and apparently used that recording to create a live CD which was sold over seas. The lawyers eventually traced it back to the festival we did and everyone got served Venue, Promoter, Sound Company , Tech etc etc . We now ask for a release form before hooking up to our console for anything and with some folks its been no issue but others for some reason this becomes a battle. We even had a well know booking agent say this was the first time in 25 years he had ever heard of this.
What if anything are you guys doing

We're not doing anything when we supply consoles or systems; our only policy is that WE don't provide connections to anyone outside of the client; the presumption is that touring personnel are working on behalf of their artist and it's not our job to demand anything from them (and such a release would have to be signed by the artist, not the FOH guy, TM, etc... someone with the LEGAL authority to sign on behalf of the artists.

The wrong person signing your release has as much legal weight as no release at all.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Mark Cadwallader

• Helena, Montana USA
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 04:50:12 PM »

I'm curious as to what the terms of the release document purport to do. If it is not against the TOS to post or link to it, please do. Or PM me with a .pdf of the document. Mark C.
"Good tools are expensive, but cheap tools are damned expensive."

Ron Schroeyens

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 10:42:43 AM »

I'm curious as to what the terms of the release document purport to do. If it is not against the TOS to post or link to it, please do. Or PM me with a .pdf of the document. Mark C.

send me an email [email protected] and I will send you a copy of what we use

Mark Cadwallader

• Helena, Montana USA
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 12:07:20 PM »

send me an email [email protected] and I will send you a copy of what we use

E-mail sent. Thanks.
"Good tools are expensive, but cheap tools are damned expensive."

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 12:07:20 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 24 queries.