ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Return to thread after posting a PM  (Read 403 times)

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
Return to thread after posting a PM
« on: August 06, 2014, 12:27:35 pm »

On the old forum, if you sent someone a PM using the link under their username within a thread, after you hit send on the PM the forum would take you back to the post you were reading in the thread.

This forum will do that if you post an EMAIL from the thread, but if you post a PM it takes you to your messaging inbox.

Can it be set to return you to the post you were reading after you send a PM, same as the old forum did and the current forum does with email?
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, SLS, Renkus Heinz, Danley Sound Labs, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, VTC, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Denon, Rane, Audix, One Systems, OnPoint Audio, Beyerdynamic, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Road Ready, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, BenQ, Yamaha, Line 6, more...

Steve M Smith

Re: Return to thread after posting a PM
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 02:05:25 pm »

Also, when you post a reply, it jumps out of the thread.  On every other forum I use, it stays in the thread and shows your post.

On this forum you have to go back a couple of pages and refresh to check what you have posted.

Steve.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 03:14:14 pm »

Also, when you post a reply, it jumps out of the thread.  On every other forum I use, it stays in the thread and shows your post.

On this forum you have to go back a couple of pages and refresh to check what you have posted.

Steve.

That is not how the forum behaves on my computer. I get returned to my post within the thread.

Mac

Steve M Smith

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 03:58:32 pm »

That only happens to me if I modify my post.  If I reply, I jump into a forum index.  This happens on a PC and laptop at home and a PC at work.

Steve.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 04:10:01 pm »

That only happens to me if I modify my post.  If I reply, I jump into a forum index.  This happens on a PC and laptop at home and a PC at work.

Steve.

I always use "quote" so there is a reference to what I am addressing, but I just tested with the quick reply button and it also returns me to the correct thread.

Mac

Steve M Smith

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 04:12:32 pm »

I have just found "Return to topics after posting by default." not selected in my preferences.  Lets see what happens when I select it.

EDIT: That fixed it!!

Steve.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 22 queries.