ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Shure UR2/UR4D Not Recognizing The Transmitter  (Read 6815 times)

andy craig

Re: Shure UR2/UR4D Not Recognizing The Transmitter
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2014, 05:45:19 AM »

Hi all!  I'm completely out of ideas on how to fix this problem so I thought I'd try recruiting a little help.

I have a Shure UR2 with a Beta 87A capsule that I'm trying to sync with a UR4D receiver.  I'm using a UA845 combiner and PA805SWB paddles.

When I perform a sync the receiver says Sync Successful but I don't get any squelch LED's or signal LED's at all and the display still reads No Transmitter.

I've checked that there are no locks in place.  I've also turned off the No Change selections for syncing to make sure I'm not having that issue.  I've tried multiple frequencies/groups/channels but still no luck.  I know I have a good signal from my antennas and combiner to the receiver.  I've also tried to sync a different mic I know to be working and get the same result.  What am I missing in this receiver?

Is the transmitter in non-transmit mode? Highly unlikely, but not impossible.
Do you have access to a scanner that can verify that the transmitter is actually transmitting?
Andy

Don Lomonaco CFCRC

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2014, 11:05:04 AM »

Is the transmitter in non-transmit mode? Highly unlikely, but not impossible.
Do you have access to a scanner that can verify that the transmitter is actually transmitting?
Andy

No.  Non transmit mode is not on.

Don Lomonaco CFCRC

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2014, 11:07:39 AM »

Shure's tech support is pretty good. Have you tried calling them? (847) 600-8440

Wow.  Shure tech support is really awesome!  Very nice and very smart.  My dual UR4D is still broken but we made darn sure by narrowing the problem down to the reference signal.  It doesn't appear that the receiver is actually locking to the correct frequency due to a shift of some kind.  I'm sending it back for repair.

Eric Christian

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2014, 11:15:32 AM »

Wow.  Shure tech support is really awesome!  Very nice and very smart.  My dual UR4D is still broken but we made darn sure by narrowing the problem down to the reference signal.  It doesn't appear that the receiver is actually locking to the correct frequency due to a shift of some kind.  I'm sending it back for repair.

We had the same problem with one of our receivers.  Had to send it in for repair also.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2014, 11:15:32 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.