ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: A&H QU-16 vs QSC TouchMix 16  (Read 47453 times)

Richard Turner

Re: A&H QU-16 vs QSC TouchMix 16
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2014, 05:10:16 PM »

Heres my suggestion

Seeing as the QSC/Soundcraft/A&H are basically similar in size, feature set and price point why not do something completely silly and base the decision on actual local dealer network and support. If you are a JBL or QSC guy why not go system complete

If you are looking to cut costs the presonus AI might be an option but I think the ship has sailed on that one, lack of motorized faders and a now clunky menu layout would lilkely leave it where it should have stayed in the first place. At home in the home recording studio.

As for the DL1608, if you are comfortable with an Ipad only solution it might be an option but in reality you will likely end up being a 2 Ipad solution if you go that route. I looked at it but just didnt trust it to be a 5 year lifespan piece.

As for the X32, if your clients are receptive to it its the best bang for the buck but if at every mention of it you have to explain its not really behringer, they are just selling it its just not worth the savings. Honestly I wish they had of just came out with it as an entirely new brand, eg; Superdigitalmixer co. subsidary of Midas distributed by Behringer dealer network.
Looking at retiring. Local PA market has shrank to 2 guys with guitars and bose l1 compacts or expecting full line array and 16 movers on stage for $300... no middle left going back to event DJ stuff, half the work for twice the pay.

Scott Bolt

« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2014, 05:56:14 PM »

Heres my suggestion

Seeing as the QSC/Soundcraft/A&H are basically similar in size, feature set and price point why not do something completely silly and base the decision on actual local dealer network and support. If you are a JBL or QSC guy why not go system complete

If you are looking to cut costs the presonus AI might be an option but I think the ship has sailed on that one, lack of motorized faders and a now clunky menu layout would lilkely leave it where it should have stayed in the first place. At home in the home recording studio.

As for the DL1608, if you are comfortable with an Ipad only solution it might be an option but in reality you will likely end up being a 2 Ipad solution if you go that route. I looked at it but just didnt trust it to be a 5 year lifespan piece.

As for the X32, if your clients are receptive to it its the best bang for the buck but if at every mention of it you have to explain its not really behringer, they are just selling it its just not worth the savings. Honestly I wish they had of just came out with it as an entirely new brand, eg; Superdigitalmixer co. subsidary of Midas distributed by Behringer dealer network.

Very good point.

I bring a laptop with an ethernet cable so that in the event that my iPad dies/gets stolen, or the wireless network is bad for some reason, then I have a ready backup.

I use a 5Ghz router to avoid the masses on 2.4Ghz and have never had an issue with either my iPad or wireless ..... although I still bring the laptop ;)

Tim Padrick

• Indianapolis
    • T.P. Audio
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2014, 01:47:31 AM »

I'd put the SL at the bottom of the list.  Yes, it's a good mixer.  But every time I use one I like it less.

The X32 series is the most complicated - until you have it set up.  Then it's easy to use.  A friend was recently quoted $2250 + shipping for the full size - hard to pass up.

Steve Garris

« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2014, 06:48:29 PM »

In fairness, neither the DL1608 or the TouchMix have remote channel gains either.  That feature is only on the X32 Rack in this particular grouping of mixers ..... which is one of the many reasons that I own one.

Why should the OP care? He's just mixing his band. I just use my iPad to take a picture of the input gains. That gets me close enough, and I find there are many other variables that change the input levels needed.

Scott Bolt

« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2014, 07:51:06 PM »

Why should the OP care? He's just mixing his band. I just use my iPad to take a picture of the input gains. That gets me close enough, and I find there are many other variables that change the input levels needed.
It is a good feature.  All big boy digitals have it, and many of the MI level digitals have it.  I applaud you on your ability to maneuver around the need for the feature, but personally, I would dearly miss the ability to control gains remotely if I didn't have it (or to recall scenes that include the gains).

Let me phrase it another way.  Why wouldn't the OP want the feature?

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2014, 08:03:48 PM »

It is a good feature.  All big boy digitals have it, and many of the MI level digitals have it.  I applaud you on your ability to maneuver around the need for the feature, but personally, I would dearly miss the ability to control gains remotely if I didn't have it (or to recall scenes that include the gains).

Because he doesn't need it...
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

dave briar

• Helena Montana, USA
« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2014, 08:38:09 PM »

Agreed. I've come to really take it for granted on my X32 Compact and have no desire to do without. Now does one "need it"?  Definitely not. But given the state of the art in MI level consoles why go without?
  ...dave
..db

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2014, 11:48:19 PM »

MI is a very outdated and non descriptive phrase once used to denote hardware only sold in a music store and usually not available through sources catering to professionals. Try using low cost, cheap, entry level, or other phrases that correctly describe the hardware being discussed. In this case that might be entry level, or low cost digital.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Darrell McCullough

« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2014, 05:16:08 PM »

I would just like to thank you all again for the input. As of now, after more reading specific to these mixers, the QU-16 is in the lead. I can source it locally, service it locally, and seems to have the right feature set.

I've got an email off to my Sweetwater sales guy, though... just in case. :-)

David Simpson

« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2014, 05:54:06 PM »

the QU-16 is in the lead. I can source it locally, service it locally.

That is a very important part of the equation as well.

I own a Qu-16 and love it more every time I use it. I have had 3 others in the past year try mine who ended up buying one of their own.

~Dave
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 09:51:06 PM by David Simpson »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2014, 05:54:06 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.