ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HELP: m7 and airport Extreme setting/s?  (Read 1752 times)

Earl F Young

HELP: m7 and airport Extreme setting/s?
« on: July 29, 2014, 01:45:45 PM »

so, i need to interface the StageMix with my iPad to mix as soon as i get back. Can someone share their settings with me, please? i have never used this setup before; always just mixed on desk surface, so would love to get this figured out before my 3hour timeframe to make this combo connect/work & mix the show :'(

THANX for the assistance in advance!

in past i fought the x32 with (regular) airport and had more dropouts/non*connectivity than not-- even at short distances :(

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: HELP: m7 and airport Extreme setting/s?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 01:56:38 PM »

so, i need to interface the StageMix with my iPad to mix as soon as i get back. Can someone share their settings with me, please? i have never used this setup before; always just mixed on desk surface, so would love to get this figured out before my 3hour timeframe to make this combo connect/work & mix the show :'(

THANX for the assistance in advance!

in past i fought the x32 with (regular) airport and had more dropouts/non*connectivity than not-- even at short distances :(

Your dropouts had nothing to do with the mixer, Earl, and probably everything to do with either multiple devices (phones and tablets) trying to find internet through your WAP, or conflicting IP addresses of devices in your network.

We've answered a metric shitload of IP questions in the last 2 weeks, I suggest using the search to find the advice that applies.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Adam Whetham

• Grand Forks, ND
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 04:13:21 PM »

What Tim said.

Dropouts with the x32 are most likely because of other wireless devices or limited line of sight (If you have line of sight with the AP you will normally have a more reliable connection, so don't tuck it in the doghouse or deep in a rack.

You need to do a check and see what channels are in use in your area and choose between channels 1, 6, or 11 (At least in the US those are the common ones in 2.4GHZ range) on your AP.

An app like this does wonders for you to give you a quick idea. Not sure if Apple has decided to let people make wifi analyzers yet or not.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.farproc.wifi.analyzer&hl=en

As long as you follow the directions starting on page 6 of the manual, you shouldn't have an issue. Its just the standard enter the IP address info and click connect.
http://download.yamaha.com/api/asset/file/?language=en&site=ae.yamaha.com&asset_id=62849

-I practice safe excursion on the weekends.

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." -Paul Neal "Red" Adair

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 04:13:21 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 27 queries.