ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: JBL STX Owners......  (Read 20537 times)

Lance Richens

JBL STX Owners......
« on: July 28, 2014, 07:18:26 PM »

Curious if anyone besides myself is having an issue with horn diaphragms? I bought 4 STX 825's & have had 5 diaphragms die in the last 2 months. I've owned srx 725's for years now & have never once had to replace one. Thought I'd see if this was a known issue before hitting JBL up about it....
Too Soon Old, Too Late Smart.....

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
Re: JBL STX Owners......
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 07:29:44 PM »

Curious if anyone besides myself is having an issue with horn diaphragms? I bought 4 STX 825's & have had 5 diaphragms die in the last 2 months. I've owned srx 725's for years now & have never once had to replace one. Thought I'd see if this was a known issue before hitting JBL up about it....

I haven't heard of any issues with the diaphragms.

Can you give us a little more detail of your set up? What are you powering them with?

Lance Richens

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 07:39:25 PM »

I haven't heard of any issues with the diaphragms.

Can you give us a little more detail of your set up? What are you powering them with?

Running them two per channel on Itech 8000's in a bi amp'd configuration with srx 728's. Processing is dbx driverack
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 07:45:32 PM by Lance Richens »

Lance Richens

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2014, 07:45:07 PM »

Running them two per channel on Itech 8000's in a bi amp'd configuration with srx 728's. Processing is dbx driverack

Jonathan Betts

• http://www.facebook.com/pages/JLB-Sound-and-Production/156817657745906
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2014, 08:24:52 PM »

Why not use the powerful processing in the ITechs? More options for limiting than the drive rack.

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2014, 11:16:13 PM »

If you're burning up the compression drivers in the 825's they're not being processed properly. We can tell you anything you want to hear, but I suggest you call JBL tomorrow and speak with them first.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Jamin Lynch

• Corpus Christi, TX.
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2014, 10:41:56 AM »

If it were 1 or 2 I might say it's a speaker problem. 5 in 2 months kinda leads me to believe it's something else.

Chuck Simon

• Pittsburgh, Pa.
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2014, 12:49:41 PM »

Something unusual is going on.  JBL HF drivers are usually very reliable.  The diaphragms in my old 4731's were over 15 years old and the only limiting I used during their life was common sense. My SRX 722's have been good for over 5 years now.  Either JBL has a bad run of components in the new STX line, or you are doing something very wrong!  As Bob said, call JBL.  Let us know what they say.

Bob Kidd

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2014, 01:02:57 PM »

Something unusual is going on.  JBL HF drivers are usually very reliable.  The diaphragms in my old 4731's were over 15 years old and the only limiting I used during their life was common sense. My SRX 722's have been good for over 5 years now.  Either JBL has a bad run of components in the new STX line, or you are doing something very wrong!  As Bob said, call JBL.  Let us know what they say.

Such a shame, have a great and reliable srx line and feel you need to change.

Chuck Simon

• Pittsburgh, Pa.
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2014, 03:34:39 PM »

Such a shame, have a great and reliable srx line and feel you need to change.

I don't think they wanted to change.  It was the high price of neodymium that forced them to limit its use to their more expensive array models.  They actually went back to older drivers for the 12"s and 15"s in the STX line.  I don't know much about the HF drivers they are now using.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2014, 03:34:39 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 25 queries.