ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha MG16XU and monitors  (Read 16254 times)

Craig Leerman

• Global Moderator
  • Do Not Read This!
Real Names are required to participate
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2015, 03:43:18 PM »

Mark,

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real full name as required by the posting rules clearly displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section.

Thanks,
Craig
I'm so old, when I was doing FOH for Tommy Dorsey, to balance out the horn section I would slide their chairs downstage and upstage to mix!

TechWorksReno.com
Facebook.com/TechWorksReno
Pinterest.com/TechWorks0492

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
Re: Yamaha MG16XU and monitors
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2015, 03:45:27 PM »

Hi Jim,
I am using a Yamaha MG16XU mixer with 2 Wharfedale powered monitors connected to aux1 and aux2 but I can only get sound from aux1. I have the levels tuned up on aux1 and aux2 nobs for each channel and aux1 and 2 on the right of the desk. The only way I can get them both to work is by pressing the 'pre' button below aux2 for each channel. Is this the correct way or am I doing something completely wrong?
Regards
Mark.

Hi Mark!

Welcome to the Forums. You will find a vast amount of knowledge on here, from "Weekend Warriors" to guys working with and mixing Bands You've Heard Of.

However, since we're all professionals on here, and we stand behind what we say-- the Rules of Participation for the ProSoundWeb requires that you post using your real First and Last Name. Would you kindly jump back into your profile and update your Display Name to reflect this?

Thanks! We look forward to helping you out with your live sound questions!

-Ray

[Craig beat me to it, since he is like, a moderator and such, and I'm not. Haha.]
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Samuel Sjöbergsson

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2015, 03:46:01 PM »

When the pre is not pressed the aux takes the signal after the fader for that channel which means that it needs to be turned on and up but for monitor you usually have it pre so press the pre button for all channels.

Skickat från min GT-I9505 via Tapatalk
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 02:31:31 PM by Samuel Sjöbergsson »

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2015, 04:11:30 PM »

Hi Jim,
I am using a Yamaha MG16XU mixer with 2 Wharfedale powered monitors connected to aux1 and aux2 but I can only get sound from aux1. I have the levels tuned up on aux1 and aux2 nobs for each channel and aux1 and 2 on the right of the desk. The only way I can get them both to work is by pressing the 'pre' button below aux2 for each channel. Is this the correct way or am I doing something completely wrong?
Regards
Mark.

I'm both confused and intrigued when someone such as yourself joins in a thread in which the requirement to use real, full names to post has already been stated.  How do you manage to inform yourself of the OP and any replies/contributions to the discussion and succeed in failing to use your own real, full name to reply?

Missing something that obvious tends to make the veracity of any contribution a tad suspect...but I'm sure you'll be welcome as soon as you comply with the name/registration requirement like the rest of us.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2015, 08:29:34 PM »

Hi Jim,

Please go to your profile and change your displayed name to your real name, as required by the posting rules of these forums.

Mac

Mark Ralls

• Lab Lounge
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2015, 02:12:19 PM »

In order to clear up your confusion I'll explain.
Firstly the page where I change my name could not be accessed.
Secondly, if I click on the 'Help' tab to try to find an alternative way I get the message 'An Error Has Occurred' followed with 'The manual template could not be loaded'. Some use that is!
If my real name is required for display then why isn't it asked for when I fill in the initial subscription form? Much easier.
Now, is there any chance you could provide an answer to my question???? After all, isn't that what this forum is for? Or do you only use it to post sarcastic comments?

Mark Ralls

• Lab Lounge
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2015, 02:15:17 PM »

Thankyou Samuel, much appreciated!

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2015, 03:51:46 PM »

If my real name is required for display then why isn't it asked for when I fill in the initial subscription form? Much easier.
Now, is there any chance you could provide an answer to my question???? After all, isn't that what this forum is for? Or do you only use it to post sarcastic comments?

The Live Audio forums are the only forums at PSW that require real names, but the signup page is universal to ALL forums.  The requirement to use your real name in order to post is on 3 pages that you must access in order to sign up and post.

As for why you were unable to edit your profile I suspect the use of a browser java script blocker.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Forum behavior
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2015, 10:56:41 PM »

In order to clear up your confusion I'll explain.
Firstly the page where I change my name could not be accessed.
What browser are you using? When I click on my profile I am taken right to it. There may be a problem with your browser as this is not a common complaint.
Secondly, if I click on the 'Help' tab to try to find an alternative way I get the message 'An Error Has Occurred' followed with 'The manual template could not be loaded'. Some use that is!
Again. Browser. When I click on Help I am taken directly to the help screen, no problem loading the template.
As Tim pointed out, the registration screen serves forums that do not have the same name requirements,

Apparently you use it to post sarcastic questions.

Mac

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2015, 12:00:15 AM »

Hi Jim,
Regards
Mark.

Something else to keep in mind, Mark- Jim hasn't been logged onto the board since this past August, and hasn't posted on here since July of 2014, which is when this thread was started. So, given that, he might now see your reply. Just saying...

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2015, 12:00:15 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 25 queries.