ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Couple videos from tonight  (Read 13586 times)

Spenser Hamilton

Re: Couple videos from tonight
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2014, 06:07:28 PM »

PS:

You recordings suck.

This.

Seriously, tell your 'buddy' to buy a decent hand recorder, they cost way less than those knock off speakers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Technical Director - Chatham Capitol Theatre/Kiwanis Theatre

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2014, 07:32:16 PM »

This.

Seriously, tell your 'buddy' to buy a decent hand recorder, they cost way less than those knock off speakers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spense...

Not those recordings.  His band.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2014, 07:44:09 PM »

I see this has been moved to the Basement.  This raises the question of the need for a Sub-basement or possibly a Dungeon...

You know how you slow down to look at a really bad car accident?  I did the same thing and went to the bands page, thinking they can't be that bad.

Well, the first you tube "audio" of the ac/dc cover, what was up with the delay/reverb,  did someone actually think that sounded cool?

So then in search of more depravity I listened to Ziggy Stardust, that cover was criminal.

They really were that bad. 

Also a band good enough to put out a rider would never accept those clone speakers.  So they will be relegated to club duty and sound awful compared to the right point source speakers.

Your "friend" is a bloody genius.

Oh and welcome to the forums.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2014, 08:18:35 PM »

I didn't want to make this about the band, so I'm not going there.

It *is* about the claims that a knock-off product equals the results of the item it copies, and that there is some kind of positive reward for ripping off the folks who designed and built the infringed product.

Nope.  Sorry, Colin, if this doesn't fit your world view, but the reason there was a product to copy is because someone did the hard work of design, prototyping, and financing the development and marketing of the infringed product.  Why did you think we'd be impressed?
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2014, 08:25:10 PM »

I didn't want to make this about the band, so I'm not going there.

It *is* about the claims that a knock-off product equals the results of the item it copies, and that there is some kind of positive reward for ripping off the folks who designed and built the infringed product.

I just saw a weird parallel between cover bands and knock-off artists building DIY gear based on original designs. 

I also find it convenient that someone touting sound quality/capability of speaker systems would include a recorded reference point to give us some idea of what he might consider acceptable.

Your assignment is to consider the recordings of his band and then infer the validity of his opinion on speaker systems.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 08:30:50 PM by dick rees »

Craig Leerman

• Global Moderator
  • Do Not Read This!
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2014, 08:33:48 PM »

Quote from: Tim McCulloch on Today at 07:24:11 am
Intellectual property theft and patent law violations are supposed to impress us?

Is that all you took from the post? Well done!

Hey Colin,

Tell your buddy to:

A) Stop bragging about buying knock-offs. It's about as impressive as a Bolex watch or a fake designer handbag, not to mention illegal if they are true knock offs.

B) Cover up his cable run to FOH with cable ramps before somebody trips and sues him. Since he is buying knock off speakers and doesn't use cable ramps, I'll assume that he doesn't have the money to pay the fall victim for their injuries either.

I'm so old, when I was doing FOH for Tommy Dorsey, to balance out the horn section I would slide their chairs downstage and upstage to mix!

TechWorksReno.com
Facebook.com/TechWorksReno
Pinterest.com/TechWorks0492

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2014, 08:54:28 PM »

Hey Colin,

Tell your buddy to:

A) Stop bragging about buying knock-offs. It's about as impressive as a Bolex watch or a fake designer handbag, not to mention illegal if they are true knock offs.

B) Cover up his cable run to FOH with cable ramps before somebody trips and sues him. Since he is buying knock off speakers and doesn't use cable ramps, I'll assume that he doesn't have the money to pay the fall victim for their injuries either.

He's probably uninsured as well, leaving a greater financial obligation to the band (attractive nuisance?) and venue (selling alcohol) in the event of an incident.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Travis Watson

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2014, 09:02:09 PM »

Welcome to the Lab, home of the brave if you post. Dont mind the grumpy guys. If you even come back. Really guys all the personal attacks. About all we are missing at this point is "I bet your mom is ugly to."
Travis Watson
Laguna Sound

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2014, 09:44:05 PM »

Welcome to the Lab, home of the brave if you post. Dont mind the grumpy guys. If you even come back. Really guys all the personal attacks. About all we are missing at this point is "I bet your mom is ugly to."

Go back and read the first three posts.  First post sets out with typical newb enthusiasm posted in the pro forum.  First mistake.

Second post calls him out and rightly so...considering the forum.

Third post:  OP gets huffy at being confronted with forum standards.

Aftermath:  dog pile.  Thread moved to the appropriate section where things might have turned out differently if the OP had started there.

And in the spirit of the Basement I leave you with this PUNishment:

Thanks to Tim for Colin 'em like he sees 'em.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2014, 10:19:18 PM »

Travis, when playing in the big boy's sand box the game is different.  For fanboy to extol the virtues of intellectual property theft, brag about the questionable acoustic result and then take umbrage that my view was too limited for his taste, opened his band up to scrutiny when encouraging a second look.

I'm not playing "bash the band."  I don't know if they're great or if they suck.   Frankly it makes no difference to me either way; my interest is limited to the IP and business end of such things.  Artistic merit is in the ear of the beholder.

Have fun, good luck.

Tim Mc

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2014, 10:19:18 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 25 queries.