ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to Test Crown XTi 6002 Amps  (Read 3302 times)

Harlan Koehn

How to Test Crown XTi 6002 Amps
« on: July 25, 2014, 07:46:58 PM »

I got several Crown XTi 6002 amps I need to test (slight chance they are water damaged). The problem is I'm not really too deep into pro audio and these things are much larger than anything I've ever worked with. I do have some Shur beta 58a microphones, XLR cables, 1/4" speaker cables, an old Peavey XM-6 Mixer Amp, and two Peavey 112-DL speakers. I know at the least, I'll need some Neutrik SpeakOn to 1/4" adapters.

Will this work to test this way? Can I plug my mics directly into the XTi amps (with a cable of course) or do they need to go through some kind of mixer board? I'm sure my speakers aren't designed for this kind of amplifier, but will they work to at least test at low volume?

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Posting Rules
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 08:59:20 PM »

I got several Crown XTi 6002 amps I need to test

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac

Art Welter

• Santa Fe, New Mexico
Re: How to Test Crown XTi 6002 Amps
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 03:32:23 PM »

1) Can I plug my mics directly into the XTi amps (with a cable of course) or do they need to go through some kind of mixer board?
2)I'm sure my speakers aren't designed for this kind of amplifier, but will they work to at least test at low volume?
1) Power amps require line level from a mixer to be driven to full power, mic level may be barely audible. The preamp out from your mixer can be used to drive the amps.
2) Your speakers will work fine as long as they are used within their power ratings.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: How to Test Crown XTi 6002 Amps
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 03:32:23 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 24 queries.