ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Hang a banner for your company at gigs?  (Read 4654 times)

Brook Hovland

• DiA Events
Re: Hang a banner for your company at gigs?
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2014, 09:20:17 AM »

I like to see how the show is going...  if its bad, I have a banner belonging to the competition that goes up.

Seriously, no banners ever, seems like a bit much to me unless you are a DJ and then it seems to be the norm.
We have shirts and a small logo/url on our trucks.  If we are subcontracted, sometimes we tape over our logos on the cases out of respect.
I agree that our customer base will approach and request information.
I'm ok if the only time I see our company name, it's on a check!

Ian Mansfield

• Multimedia Entertainment Group
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2014, 01:18:01 PM »

I would agree, no banners. You are being paid to be there. Especially in corporate events. Let your quality of delivery be your advertising, and the people looking for sound suppliers will come looking for you.

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2014, 01:19:08 PM »

I like to see how the show is going...  if its bad, I have a banner belonging to the competition that goes up.

Seriously, no banners ever, seems like a bit much to me unless you are a DJ and then it seems to be the norm.
We have shirts and a small logo/url on our trucks.  If we are subcontracted, sometimes we tape over our logos on the cases out of respect.
I agree that our customer base will approach and request information.
I'm ok if the only time I see our company name, it's on a check!

Ha ha.  How did you acquire the competition's banner.  Never mind. I don't want to know.

When you're subcontracted help for another provider, I agree with making sure they are the one that gets the credit.  The last thing you want to do is steal the show from who booked you to help out.  That's a way to lose business friends in a hurry.
Brian Jojade

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2014, 01:46:05 PM »

Ha ha.  How did you acquire the competition's banner.  Never mind. I don't want to know.

When you're subcontracted help for another provider, I agree with making sure they are the one that gets the credit.  The last thing you want to do is steal the show from who booked you to help out.  That's a way to lose business friends in a hurry.

Yepper.  When I freelance, I'm the guy in the plain black polo shirt - no logos, no names, nothing.  Tabula rasa.

When we are doing gigs on subcontract I ask for some of the contractors businesses cards.  I write my name on the back with a note that says "tell them I sent you."
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2014, 01:46:05 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 24 queries.