ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Small Band-No Operator-2@4Bars-DMX on the Cheap to eliminate **green**  (Read 8000 times)

Jason Simonds

If you did all those things you have certainly been in a forum before.  Nobody is going to tell you what buttons to push.  You have two choices pay someone to do it or learn the skill, money or time, for most the interchange freely.

Oh yes.. been in many a forum.. moderated many.. and in my experience,  . spent countess hours helping people over come some knowledge issues... that is what the Internet used to be based on.. sharing... not so much anymore, eh?

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC

Oh yes.. been in many a forum.. moderated many.. and in my experience,  . spent countess hours helping people over come some knowledge issues... that is what the Internet used to be based on.. sharing... not so much anymore, eh?

Sharing, yes indeed of course.   But think about it, you didn't really ask a question about programming and it sounds like you already know what you have to do.

Put some scenes together into a show.  I am a sound guy but occasionally have to touch a lighting board.  The concept is the same on all of them.  When you choose your color numbers don't use any with green in it.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Simon Hutson

and it only controls 6 of my 8 lights.. :D   

I want chases without green that are sound activated.. is that too dang much to ask for? .. lol...

The ADJ LED Touch has a built in mic for sound to light, which selects the next colour in the chase. It can support any number of lights, but only 6 addresses. I run 12 lights, 2 x 4 mounted on t-bars and 4 on the floor as drum uplighters. I set 4 lights to dmx address 001, 4 to dmx address 005 and 4 to dmx address 009, which means my chases have 3 different colours at any time.

Have a look at a very rough Youtube video I posted last year showing our lights and controller in situe http://youtu.be/2tAmzxNx0gs. Obviously I have green in my chases, but you get the idea. The controller is mounted on my mic stand (I too am a singer).

Josh Daws

yeah my superior attitude syndrome i guess can be considered rude...and im probably going to consider continuing it again...To be honest i really wasn't trying to be rude, its more hey, here is reality...SLAP!

basically mate you can't achieve what you looking to do without programming, aside from ripping out the green LED from every fixture. you can probably get however a midi foot pedal and hook it up into a laptop software and away you but you have to still program, and it won't be in sound active. if it is in sound active you fate is in the hand of the manufacturer in which case they will always put green in.

by the sounds of your experience you should know why they have green as a color. cos without it you don't have any of your yellows/oranges/cyans/light blues etc. green as a static looks horrible, but honestly, you might be busy, but so are the rest of us (generally)...

Cailen Waddell

I guess you could open the fixture up and see if there is a green lead from the led driver to the array... Snip and done.  No green. 

Otherwise if you have done really theater you know real programming with a real controller is required. 

Frankly, I hate watching bands with chasing lights.  If you aren't going to cue it out and make it good, pick one color a song and leave it there.  Since you don't like green that leaves, red, blue, and a couple shades of purple. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simon Hutson

Frankly, I hate watching bands with chasing lights.  If you aren't going to cue it out and make it good, pick one color a song and leave it there.  Since you don't like green that leaves, red, blue, and a couple shades of purple.

That's exactly what our keyboard player said. We now either use a static colour per song or a slow fade chase  ;D

Jason Simonds

Chases only work for me if they are in time with the music... having random chases running ,.. is silly..

I work between static blue/red combos or the sound activated chases built into the bars... and that is where thew green comes in... yes.. we gotta have green tomake all the other colors... but straight green is some fugly...

Simon Hutson

Chases only work for me if they are in time with the music... having random chases running ,.. is silly..

I work between static blue/red combos or the sound activated chases built into the bars... and that is where thew green comes in... yes.. we gotta have green tomake all the other colors... but straight green is some fugly...

The video I posted is sound to light, using the built in microphone. Unfortunately it isn't very accurate.

Jason Simonds

Re: Small Band-No Operator-2@4Bars-DMX on the Cheap to eliminate **green**
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2014, 09:49:11 AM »

So..

The answer is...

Buy a cheap controller on Ebay for around $100 and hammer out the scenes and chases manually. It is the only way .

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2014, 10:58:34 AM »

I used to run  Chauvet 4Bar from an Obey 10. I could program it to ignore green and set that to either chase or sound activated…Is that what you mean? No footswitch but easy to operate.
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2014, 10:58:34 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 24 queries.