ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Small Band-No Operator-2@4Bars-DMX on the Cheap to eliminate **green**  (Read 7992 times)

Jason Simonds

I have a small blues where I use 2 sets of ADJ 4bar LED's. All eight are addressable. I often daisy chain and slave on of them tot he other and use a 4-pedal foot controller.. we'll use red and blue to wash us and the stage from the front with the lights on their stands. We also use the Sound activated feature.

who the hell thought green was needed in these anyway!!.. .lol

I'd like to be able to retain the sound activated featuie of the lighting set, but tell it not to use green... my guess is that this is impossible withoout jumping through some huge hoops.

( of course what would be nice is  schmart software that can hear the song being played and just jump to the right file and run those lights cues based on the beat of the song... )

I am .. by $$ needs... shopping for a way to automate the lighting ... would like to find a dongle PC solution.. but I don;t want to climb the learning curve to learn I can't do what I want at the tightwad level...

Ideas?  Suggestions?

Josh Daws

its called learn to program a lighting show....

Len Zenith Jr

Chauvet Obey40 is an inexpensive controller that will do what you want (except the cue to the song based on the beat part).

Rob Gow

On my individual blizzard fixtures, I can turn off the green, 0 - 255 value. If its off, it overrides any control and doesn't light up green.

Steve Garris

its called learn to program a lighting show....

No need to be rude. I can fully understand his desire to have a footswitch or sound activated light show. Perhaps he's playing in the band and unable to work a standard controller. I'm a sound tech and I also do not want to use, or wire-up a controller.

To the OP, have you contacted ADJ? Sometimes all it takes is an email to their support with your specific requirement.

Len Zenith Jr

I'm pretty sure the 4 bars LED's are made by Chauvet, not ADJ

Simon Hutson

I have a similar setup, controlling ADJ Mega Tri Par LED lights from stage. I bought the ADJ LED Touch, which allows you to define your own chases, can control 6 different light addresses and has sound-to-light activation. I mount it on a mic stand shelf and can change chases as required.

The reason for buying this is that most other low cost units fade to black at some point in their chase sequences, whereas the ADJ LED Touch doesn't. The only downside is that it doesn't have any footswitch control.

Jason Simonds

Thanks to those that offer constructive thoughts...

I sing in the band and am about as busy as I want to be with that aspect... I need the lighting to be semi-automated... the Touch device sounds interesting... I really don;t see the point of chases operating without some sort of cuing from the music... do you guys really just run chases that change  not in beat to the music??

These are ADJ lights  4 of them on a bar... I have been running them for two years...

any other suggestions?

thanks

Jason Simonds

I bought the ADJ LED Touch, which allows you to define your own chases, can control 6 different light addresses and has sound-to-light activation. I mount it on a mic stand shelf and can change chases as required.

and it only controls 6 of my 8 lights.. :D   

the whole superior attitude from others is not needed... I've run lighting systems for theater, started and ran an ISP ... started and ran a PC company for too damn long... my whole situation is I don't WANT to learn the programming... I've read up on it, it isn;t that hard, but I work three jobs, and I have enough to do managing the band and singing, I haven't got time to twiddle on a system...

I want chases without green that are sound activated.. is that too dang much to ask for? .. lol... 

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC

and it only controls 6 of my 8 lights.. :D   

the whole superior attitude from others is not needed... I've run lighting systems for theater, started and ran an ISP ... started and ran a PC company for too damn long... my whole situation is I don't WANT to learn the programming... I've read up on it, it isn;t that hard, but I work three jobs, and I have enough to do managing the band and singing, I haven't got time to twiddle on a system...

I want chases without green that are sound activated.. is that too dang much to ask for? .. lol...

If you did all those things you have certainly been in a forum before.  Nobody is going to tell you what buttons to push.  You have two choices pay someone to do it or learn the skill, money or time, for most the interchange freely.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 25 queries.