ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: All Plugged Out !  (Read 2167 times)

Jeff Bankston

All Plugged Out !
« on: July 22, 2014, 04:26:24 AM »

i would have.......no i would have.......well i would have done somethin , definitly somethin ! this isnt mine its from PA of the day. a 3 way turned into a 4 way or the other way.

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
Re: All Plugged Out !
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 07:41:34 AM »

i would have.......no i would have.......well i would have done somethin , definitly somethin ! this isnt mine its from PA of the day. a 3 way turned into a 4 way or the other way.
So lets say you are at a gig-without the proper adaptors.

What would you do?

I guess you could splice the cables-but then you you would have to ohm them out to see which wire went where.

I am sure it worked fine and got them through the event.

Sometime you do what you have to do-no matter how ugly it is.

I am just glad we did not have phones with cameras and the internet when I was regularly gigging----------

But then again-I REALLY wish I had more photos of my gigs :( and the things I did to "get by".
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 08:08:57 AM »

Also, it's much easier to solder to the plugs than it is to the thin, enamel coated wires in some of these leads.

But then again-I REALLY wish I had more photos of my gigs :( and the things I did to "get by".

Me too.  In the late 1980s we were at a gig many miles from home when we realised our piano player had left his pedal behind.  We made one out of three spanners, gaffer tape and a speaker lead.

At about the same time but at a different gig, his piano was suffering from a dry joint on a PCB.  I stuffed my shirt in it to apply some pressure to the PCB which 'cured' it.

Last year (twenty five years later) he had the piano apart and found my shirt.  He sent me a FaceBook message asking if I wanted it back!

Steve.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 08:13:29 AM by Steve M Smith »

Jeff Bankston

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 04:28:31 PM »

i always keep 10 alligator clipped jumpers just in case-a-dia. that way i dont ruin the plug with solder.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 04:28:31 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 25 queries.