ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Help on Renkus Heinz vs. QSC  (Read 10348 times)

Joshua Dickard

Re: Help on Renkus Heinz vs. QSC
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2014, 01:04:53 PM »

Thanks for the replies. We only have about 250 in attendance regularly so I'm thinking that the KLA12's will be good for our room. We have asked about demo's but they can't schedule any when were actually available. We're also in a time crunch. I know it's bad to rush a decision, but honestly I don't think there's a bad option in this case from what I'm hearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lindsay Dean

• Classic LAB
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2014, 02:07:04 PM »

Thanks for the replies. We only have about 250 in attendance regularly so I'm thinking that the KLA12's will be good for our room. We have asked about demo's but they can't schedule any when were actually available. We're also in a time crunch. I know it's bad to rush a decision, but honestly I don't think there's a bad option in this case from what I'm hearing.

David Sturzenbecher,
What is snort?
"A mans got to know his limitations"
     and Pray for higher guidance

David Hoover

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2014, 03:43:47 PM »

You should look at and model the danley stuff.  I bet one single sh100b might be sufficient for that size room

I agree Danley will save you money and sound better.  It looks like you are wanting a mono cluster.  I would buy two SM60f speakers, hard pack them and fly them together.  Then depending on your low end requirements, one to two TH118 subwoofers.  That system will blow your socks off.  You could have a 250 person concert with those speakers and enough subs.

Danley also has a program called Danley Design Tool 3D which is free.  Be careful when you are using other programs as you WANT to see phase cancellation in your plot as well as low frequency interaction.  Danley's software will show accurately what the speakers and subs will do.  The software is so good that you can set your amps ahead of time, plug it in, and it sounds good right away.

Take Care

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2014, 05:27:17 PM »

David Sturzenbecher,
What is snort?

Slang for output.

Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2014, 08:21:13 PM »

I agree Danley will save you money and sound better.  It looks like you are wanting a mono cluster.  I would buy two SM60f speakers, hard pack them and fly them together.  Then depending on your low end requirements, one to two TH118 subwoofers.  That system will blow your socks off.  You could have a 250 person concert with those speakers and enough subs.

Danley also has a program called Danley Design Tool 3D which is free.  Be careful when you are using other programs as you WANT to see phase cancellation in your plot as well as low frequency interaction.  Danley's software will show accurately what the speakers and subs will do.  The software is so good that you can set your amps ahead of time, plug it in, and it sounds good right away.

Take Care
Actually the DDT is the old version.

It has been replaced with Danley Direct.

It is also free and runs on mac or windows

It has a lot of the same look/feel-but is WAAYYYY faster and has some really cool features that make design work faster/easier than other programs.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

David Hoover

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2014, 12:28:16 AM »

Actually the DDT is the old version.

It has been replaced with Danley Direct.

It is also free and runs on mac or windows

It has a lot of the same look/feel-but is WAAYYYY faster and has some really cool features that make design work faster/easier than other programs.

Downloading it tomorrow!!!

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2014, 07:36:17 AM »

Downloading it tomorrow!!!
There are some videos to give a quick start.

There are a lot of cool features-but if one knows how to design a sound system, they can be up and running on DIRECT in just a few minutes.

Basically it is just a matter of the "knobology" or knowing where the different tools are and what is available.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2014, 07:36:17 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 24 queries.