ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: beer spilled on my soundcraft  (Read 5442 times)

Samuel Rees

• Washington, D.C.
Re: beer spilled on my soundcraft
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2014, 07:14:11 AM »

Bummer Bob. Good luck with getting back to normal operation...

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2014, 10:39:10 AM »

Tim....I make the club rent the rig from my company and a separate transaction for the engineer.  Sometimes the sound engineer will rent the system from me.  While the system is under the care custody and control of the leasee the bailee's coverage of their general liability policy is in effect.  This is business 101 (well maybe 301) but seriously why would you not expect to be covered?

Bob's situation is different from yours.  Also, are you remitting sales/use tax on the rental part of your agreement?  Are technical services subject to sales or use taxes in your locale?  I ask for several reasons, one being that most folks don't know about it and two, many of those that do simply ignore it.

My experience with providing sound in bars is that you can have a contract, but you'll never get a dime for things like this.  My cynicism is well earned, too.  Details later.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Alex Rigodanzo

• U.P. of MI "M Go Blue!"
    • Next Myle band
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2014, 11:22:32 AM »

I know one case locally where an instrument was damaged at a bar gig by a patron.  The bar initially refused to pay.  The band said fine, we won't play here again.  Because they were popular and a great draw for the venue, they quickly changed their mind and paid.
I'm not single, I'm in a long-term relationship with Freedom

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2014, 04:47:18 PM »

Bob's situation is different from yours.  Also, are you remitting sales/use tax on the rental part of your agreement?  Are technical services subject to sales or use taxes in your locale?  I ask for several reasons, one being that most folks don't know about it and two, many of those that do simply ignore it.

My experience with providing sound in bars is that you can have a contract, but you'll never get a dime for things like this.  My cynicism is well earned, too.  Details later.

Equipment rental is taxed in OH.  Professional technical services are not.  We collect as required.  Also have to put all gear on depreciation schedules not just for calculating basis but tangible local tax.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2014, 04:47:18 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 21 queries.