ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: IEM & Mics in same rack?  (Read 6539 times)

Don Boomer

• RF Venue
Re: IEM & Mics in same rack?
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2014, 02:47:13 PM »

I haven't had any significant RF-related trouble. 

You have been lucky and as it becomes more and more difficult to deal with traditional wireless in the TV bands some day your luck will run out. 

The truth was in Henry C's signature ... that every radio in the world is interfering to some extent with every other radio that is turned on.  Every RF signal there is is coming down into your receiver's antennas and you are asking your receiver to deal with it.  So "best practices" is to do everything you can to minimize potential problems and lighten the load so to speak.  Once you add up enough little problems your radio fails.

I'm guessing that in Matt's case he is getting enough separation by using his IEM paddles located a bit away from the mic receivers.

So with all the new competitive devices that are expected to be turning on in the next few months and years we'll see how your luck holds ;)
Don Boomer
Senior applications engineer
RF Venue, Inc.

Matt Vivlamore

• Lab Lounge
  • Southern Maryland
    • https://www.facebook.com/MeerkatSound/
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2014, 03:00:01 PM »

I'm guessing that in Matt's case he is getting enough separation by using his IEM paddles located a bit away from the mic receivers.

The only hi-cup I've experienced was at the house when I didn't want to pull out all of the antennas and I just slapped on the OE/Individual System antenna onto the combiner/distro.  The IEM combiner played havoc on the RF spectrum.  Once I slapped on the paddles, the RF mess cleaned up. 

I am replacing the ½ wave whips with a D-Fin (I’m leaning towards this one) in a couple months or so.
We're based in Southern Maryland, and LIKE us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MeerkatSound/

Jerome Malsack

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2014, 03:08:30 PM »

People may not like what I say at this point, but here it is. 

Tubes are a plate and a grid and the electrons flow from plate to grid.  This is also called a spark gap and can be a transmitter that will hit all frequencies in the radio band.   So you may even see some RF noise on stage from the guitar players with there tube amps running. 

Steve Alves

• South Florida
    • South Florida Sound
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2014, 03:31:22 PM »

I'm running Mics & IEMs in the same rack with out any issues.

2 EW500-G3
2 SLX
2 EW300-G3 IEM
4 EW300-G2 IEM

Mics have a Shure UA844 with 1/2 wave whips, IEMs have a combiner with directional paddles.

Thanks, this will be a similar setup. I have the UA844 and 1/2 wave whips and the Sennheiser combiner with paddle.
Steven Alves
South Florida Sound, Fort Lauderdale, FL
www.southfloridasound.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2014, 03:31:22 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 23 queries.