ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reasons against LS9  (Read 16747 times)

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
Re: Reasons against LS9
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2014, 05:19:33 PM »

I can't speak for others, and I DID buy my 16.4.2 just before the AI models were announced, so I would hazard that they had the bugs worked out by then. I've had mine for almost 2 yrs and it has not had a single issue even with upgrades and so on.

That said, my analog Mixwiz (still have it as a backup) had to be torn apart and have its faders fixed due to a design issue that shorted them out.. Simple soldering fix.  To be fair A/H and their stateside dealer in CA were more than accommodating in helping with a fix. I did the work myself - with pics and tutelage from them - as I didn't want to be without the console for 6+ weeks if I sent it off.

It's not a "design" issue, it's an execution issue.  The primary (and seemingly single) issue with the older A and H analog consoles has been soldering.  Every  A and H I have (short of the qu) has been gone through at the local pro shop for re-flow.  Not an expensive fix and can be DIY.

After that they're like Shermans Tanks...
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Steve O'Connor

« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2014, 07:07:39 AM »

So I went with an LS9-16,

Played around with it yesterday and found I quickly got familiar with it, There's definitely some different concepts on the LS9 compared to the 01v96 but some of these would definitely suit a live sound workflow better (vs recording).

I hadn't realized until last night but the version of yamaha stagemix that I had being trialing was the latest V4.5 which was released only 6 days ago, perhaps other peoples previous judgements about yamaha's ipad app were based on the older one?

From using stagemix with the ls9 i'm very impressed.
Very easy to setup, synced without issues (In my home, but following logical steps to ensure good wifi signal then it shouldn't be an issue in the field)
I've mixed on the presonus app before (Didn't find it that easy)
The mackie DL1608 (Pretty good, aside from Stagemix it is the best from an ease of use point of view compared to the other offerings that I had trialed in offline mode)
But for me yamaha stagemix is a winner as far as i'm concerned.

I also intend on attaching it to a stand/clamp and using it in conjunction with the desk when I am in front of the desk.

Another advantage is that I discovered that the wifi router that I'm currently using for smaller venues can power itself from the usb port on the LS9.

So far so good :)

Thanks again for all your input

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2014, 03:38:17 PM »

Well I can say this!!!!! I no longer have a connectivity issue since ios 7 release. Which was only 1 update ago for the stagemix app!!! Prior to the ios 7 update the reliability of the stagemix app ( for me ) was about as good as a cat fetching a ball and bringing it back........ Now it is as rock solid as ever and I am happy!
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

Steve O'Connor

« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2014, 11:47:14 AM »

Thanks Luke,
That's good to know,  I have been running ios 7

Thanks

Jared Koopman

« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2014, 12:58:21 AM »

Doesn't a large majority of consoles have plastic knobs?

Yes...but the tactile experience varies based on design and I am just saying, the knobs on the expression left a less then stellar impression on me.

Again most likely a personal preference...just stating my experience with it. :)

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2014, 10:44:04 AM »

Which was only 1 update ago for the stagemix app!!! Prior to the ios 7 update the reliability of the stagemix app ( for me ) was about as good as a cat fetching a ball and bringing it back........

This quote makes little sense to me.  Change "ball" to "clothes pin", and my cat will fetch until he is panting so hard he can't move. :)
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2014, 11:50:54 AM »

This quote makes little sense to me.  Change "ball" to "clothes pin", and my cat will fetch until he is panting so hard he can't move. :)

Yeah, one of my previous feline pets would play fetch until he got distracted by the sound of a can opener...
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2014, 02:28:11 PM »

Well I can say this!!!!! I no longer have a connectivity issue since ios 7 release. Which was only 1 update ago for the stagemix app!!! Prior to the ios 7 update the reliability of the stagemix app ( for me ) was about as good as a cat fetching a ball and bringing it back........ Now it is as rock solid as ever and I am happy!

Hmm, funny that...
I have had rock solid use of Stagemix since the very beginning.
You might want to think over your network since whatever they did that helped you, they could undo in the future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Luke Geis

• Owner of Endever Music Production's
« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2014, 07:22:12 PM »

I went over all this in several threads and tried everything under the sun. It seems to be an isolated thing for some and of course a non issue for many others? Since the ios7 update I have yet to have a problem.

My reference to the fetching cat seems to be spot on? Seems everyone with a cat that will fetch, will only do it until...... In which case for me prior to the ios7 release, was about like that. It worked great until.........it didn't

Seems to be a non issue now though as I have not heard much about it since the ios7 release. Whatever was done solved my problems and I didn't change a thing in my network from the last stable settings ( which were still hit or miss with ios 6 ).
I don't understand how you can't hear yourself

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2014, 07:22:12 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 22 queries.