ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: D/I/Box on electronic drums  (Read 13673 times)

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
Re: D/I/Box on electronic drums
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2014, 08:50:27 AM »

Drum modules should be treated like any other sound module. If your board can handle the generally higher line level output of the drum/sound module directly then that is the route to take. The TD11 has only two (2) outputs R/L (mono).

This module, which uses the Roland Supernatural sound system, will sound much better using both outputs, so I highly recommend you setup two (2) channels for the drums and start by running straight to the board from those outputs.

To do this set the module output volume all the way off, and set the board channel levels to what would be a reasonable level. Have the drummer work the drums and very slowly bring the module output level up until you achieve a full but not clipped output, and you're done.

Keep in mind that there are 50 drum sets available to the drummer, some louder than others. Ask the drummer to check the ones he'll use, and then let him know you'll be adjusting the board levels, and that he should not adjust his volume control on the module.

My own sound modules, Roland Integra-7, also use the Supernatural sound system and this is how I make my initial adjustments, however, I use eight outputs to the board. If the board has 1/4" line level inputs, use those. If not, like my Expression, than use 1/4" to XLR adapters straight into the channel.

And by the way. The Supernatural system is capable of the best electronic drum sounds on the planet as is. Don't get all carried away with trying to make changes to the sets unless absolutely needed. Need a different sounding snare, etc., then use a different drum set from the module.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 08:52:35 AM by Bob Leonard »
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

miguel block

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2014, 08:14:30 PM »

Thank you very much,this is the way I'm gonna do it. :)

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2014, 08:14:30 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 26 queries.