ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mackie DL806  (Read 3687 times)

Rob Swain

Mackie DL806
« on: July 30, 2014, 08:43:46 PM »

I have been considering the Mackie DL 806 for purchase, trying the Ipad Demo "Master Fader" app, my question is about the Delay control on the Main's Left & Right Output. We have some Delay's speakers which are now controlled with a DSP unit off the Left Output on the Analog Mixer. With the ipad Demo App, the Main Left & Right controls seem to be permanently Linked, so I can't see how I can Delay just one side ( Left or Right) on the Main Output, is this  just because I am using the Demo ipad App?   
Thanks!
Rob

Scott Olewiler

• Trust me, it will be loud enough.
    • 4th Street Sound
Re: Mackie DL806
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 08:53:08 PM »

I have been considering the Mackie DL 806 for purchase, trying the Ipad Demo "Master Fader" app, my question is about the Delay control on the Main's Left & Right Output. We have some Delay's speakers which are now controlled with a DSP unit off the Left Output on the Analog Mixer. With the ipad Demo App, the Main Left & Right controls seem to be permanently Linked, so I can't see how I can Delay just one side ( Left or Right) on the Main Output, is this  just because I am using the Demo ipad App?   
Thanks!
Rob

No, they are permanently linked, however if the 806 works like the 1608,you can run an aux send post fader that will allow you to do what you want. Just set all the levels to 0 and it will be just as if is another main output  with the exception that you'd have to manually match the Eqs  All the aux sends have delay as well.
We're here to deliver the sound equipment. Who has the check?

Rob Swain

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 08:57:50 PM »

No, they are permanently linked, however if the 806 works like the 1608,you can run an aux send post fader that will allow you to do what you want. Just set all the levels to 0 and it will be just as if is another main output  with the exception that you'd have to manually match the Eqs  All the aux sends have delay as well.

Yes, that was my thought also, if they are as you said unlinkable! Thanks for the speedy reply!

Scott Olewiler

• Trust me, it will be loud enough.
    • 4th Street Sound
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 06:22:10 AM »

Yes, that was my thought also, if they are as you said unlinkable! Thanks for the speedy reply!

Rob,

If you're someone who uses a lot of reverb you might not be happy with this mixer as there are no inserts and you're stuck with the built in effects. Most people agree they are not that great, however I'm not a big fan of using much reverb live in the first place and find that if you use the effects presets you can find a decent one that is usable for light effects.

I've had the 1608 for almost a year and have no complaints other than the pre-amp not being accessible from the app or being able to save the setting.  But lack of a surface means I wouldn't be caught dead without a back-up iPad. I've been struggling trying to justify a reason to upgrade to a more professional board and really can only come up with "because I want one".

If I was buying new and looking at the 806 I'd be seriously considering the 8 channel Touchmix as well.
We're here to deliver the sound equipment. Who has the check?

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2014, 07:39:29 AM »

Choosing the Touchmix (when it's out)is a no-brainer considering the massive increase in functionality.  And the cost is a wash when you buy a WAP for he Mackie when the Touchmix has it built in.

The only downtick might be the outboard power for the QSC.  But it should be more robust and easier to cool.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
Mackie DL806
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2014, 07:52:32 AM »

Doesn't the Mackie's have wall worts? Still outboard, still sucks. But there is a chance rat shack can bail you out.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 01:12:49 PM by David Sturzenbecher »
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Tom Roche

• Behind the Zion Curtain
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2014, 01:10:44 PM »

Choosing the Touchmix (when it's out)is a no-brainer considering the massive increase in functionality.  And the cost is a wash when you buy a WAP for he Mackie when the Touchmix has it built in.

The only downtick might be the outboard power for the QSC.  But it should be more robust and easier to cool.
My thoughts, too.  Plus, the TouchMix still allows for wireless iOS control and provides the USB Wi-Fi adapter at no additional cost.  QSC plans to add Android and iPhone interface capability as well.

Rob Swain

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2014, 06:53:57 PM »

Rob,

If you're someone who uses a lot of reverb you might not be happy with this mixer as there are no inserts and you're stuck with the built in effects. Most people agree they are not that great, however I'm not a big fan of using much reverb live in the first place and find that if you use the effects presets you can find a decent one that is usable for light effects.

I've had the 1608 for almost a year and have no complaints other than the pre-amp not being accessible from the app or being able to save the setting.  But lack of a surface means I wouldn't be caught dead without a back-up iPad. I've been struggling trying to justify a reason to upgrade to a more professional board and really can only come up with "because I want one".

If I was buying new and looking at the 806 I'd be seriously considering the 8 channel Touchmix as well.

The Mixer will be used for Speech only, thanks for the input, we are looking at all the options, and you can definitely find lots here on the Forum!!
Rob

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2014, 06:53:57 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 25 queries.