ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Identify subs ?  (Read 1940 times)

Brent Gillespie

Identify subs ?
« on: July 17, 2014, 12:35:57 AM »

I attended our city's annual Summer festival the other night to hear  Earth,Wind, & Fire perform.    The system sounded excellent and the band performed great (as expected).  When the performance was over I casually walked over to the front barricade to get a look at the system.  There happened to be an official from the festival standing there.  As I was looking the subs over he commented that EWF  brings their own mains at festivals.  The crew had to drop the exisiting one that morning and put EWF's up.  The sub's  had  an "8th Day Sound"  badge on them.  Would I be correct then assuming these are proprietary speakers of that company ?  I apologize for the low quality cell phone pic.    Anyways, great production and the BE did an awesome job.  Brent   

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
Re: Identify subs ?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 12:47:52 AM »

D&B Audiotechnik J-Series

8th day is based here in Cleveland, they have a very good reputation.

Where was the show?

Home many j12's did they fly?  How big a crowd and what was the trim height?  Was the low end visceral?  Last I heard Phil Bailey is still fronting and hasn't lost a step.

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Brent Gillespie

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 12:26:18 AM »

D&B Audiotechnik J-Series

8th day is based here in Cleveland, they have a very good reputation.

Where was the show?

Home many j12's did they fly?  How big a crowd and what was the trim height?  Was the low end visceral?  Last I heard Phil Bailey is still fronting and hasn't lost a step.

Scott, thanks for the info.   It was "The Common Ground Festival" in Lansing, MI..  Approx 8000 in attendance the newspaper reported here.  I'm not sure what the hang was .  I could'nt see them very well due to lack of lighting at end of show.   Indeed, the low end was very impressive and "visceral" .   The people were dancing like crazy.  Phil Bailey still can hit the notes and  does a great job fronting the band.  The mains were very clear, and articulate.  I was amazed at the clarity , particularly when the band was talking between songs.   I was way at the back of the park (guessing 150 yds.) for a few moments during the set and i could hear the vocals perfectly.  Kudos the the BE and 8th Day Sound.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 12:26:18 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 25 queries.