ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: QU-24 update  (Read 18859 times)

Mike Christy

• Southern Maine
Re: QU-24 update
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2014, 10:37:23 AM »

First time out with the QU-24, virtually no time using it previously, not counting an hour going through menus and setting mutes, etc. didn't even have case or ipad yet. Did a 10 hour festival yesterday, 6 bands, absolutely no problems or issues with the board, sounds great, nice effects, easy to use, quick to setup. Last band input list was:

voc x 3
drum kit (6)
bass
keys (2)
git x 2
harp amps x 2
violin
acoustic

Talk about a busy mix, not even a line check,  plug and go, mix up < minute.

The only thing that caught me off guard was setting the comp threshold, in the 01V96 world metering -12dbfs or so is our 0db target, in the A&H QU world 0db is 0db, so it is "analog-like" metering, ooooooooh, ok.

Mike

John Halliburton

• Still has hair and white pointy beard...
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2014, 12:30:12 PM »

First time out with the QU-24, virtually no time using it previously, not counting an hour going through menus and setting mutes, etc. didn't even have case or ipad yet. Did a 10 hour festival yesterday, 6 bands, absolutely no problems or issues with the board, sounds great, nice effects, easy to use, quick to setup. Last band input list was:

voc x 3
drum kit (6)
bass
keys (2)
git x 2
harp amps x 2
violin
acoustic

Talk about a busy mix, not even a line check,  plug and go, mix up < minute.

The only thing that caught me off guard was setting the comp threshold, in the 01V96 world metering -12dbfs or so is our 0db target, in the A&H QU world 0db is 0db, so it is "analog-like" metering, ooooooooh, ok.

Mike

I have a similar post to add...

I worked the pub stage at the annual summer festival at the Irish center here.  Outside in the parking lot is the main stage, a large tent, with a Vertec rig.  We also set up in the pub, the auditorium(mostly for dancers), the ballroom up on the fourth floor, and two smaller stages outside.

We used my four coaxial wedges and drive(two plx3602+Ashly Protea 4.24sp), my two Orbit Shifter subs(driven off a Protea output feeding an iTech 6000 in stereo), my mic kit/stands/cables, and my Qu-24 in the pub.  FOH tops were two pair of QRX 12" two way on my drive rack, biamped(two plx3602+Ashly Protea 4.24sp). 

Music started at 6:00pm Friday until midnight, then noon to midnight on Saturday, and noon to 11:30pm on Sunday.

The QU-24 was flawless.  We had everyone from a solo musician playing guitar/banjo, all the way up to six piece rock bands.  I had to leave early on Saturday afternoon to attend a concert, and one of the other guys at the shop who also just bought a Qu-24 sat in for me and just set up the mixer with his preferred configuration and dove right in.  I come in Sunday morning, fire up the system, and recall my configuration and off we went.

The mixes have definitely been sounding better vs. my analogue mixers(GL2400), and the new mixer is the only change.  Having all the features available on each channel and output has to be a factor, but I also feel that the quality of the features is very much improved over my old mixers.  I suspect the preamp circuit design is an improvement as well.

This mixer is great so far

Mike Christy

• Southern Maine
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2014, 12:43:49 PM »

That cajon must have sounded KILLER with not 1, but 2 orbit shifters!  ;D

John Halliburton

• Still has hair and white pointy beard...
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2014, 12:55:56 PM »

That cajon must have sounded KILLER with not 1, but 2 orbit shifters!  ;D

Had Djembe on Sunday night that was played hanging from a sling on the shoulder, so we put a D112 in back about 10" away that had a better sounding low end.  Regular kick drum was just slamming in there if desired.

Best regards,

John

Kemper Watson

• Woodstock GA
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2014, 09:52:12 PM »

Has anyone tried using the stereo outs as an additional mono send? It is doable?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2014, 07:21:47 AM by Kemper Watson »

Nitin Sidhu

• New Delhi, India.
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2014, 07:21:22 AM »

Has anyone tried using the stereo outs as an additional mono send? It is doable?

If we need 7 mono mixes, then we patch to 1-2-3-4-5-7-9. Pan does not follow channel, so thats cool.

Long back, on an analog A&H, also with fixed stereo auxes, i used a combination of Pan and level to get 2 additional mono sends. Pain, but doable.
My RTA is always flat.

Mike Christy

• Southern Maine
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2014, 10:15:24 AM »

I just looked and you can assign the two Alternate Outs as just about anything, is that what you mean?

-Mike

Kemper Watson

• Woodstock GA
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2014, 04:58:38 PM »

I just looked and you can assign the two Alternate Outs as just about anything, is that what you mean?

-Mike

No. There are 4 mono sends and just after them, 3 stereo mix sends. If I need another mono mix can I use one side of these?

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2014, 05:09:42 PM »

No. There are 4 mono sends and just after them, 3 stereo mix sends. If I need another mono mix can I use one side of these?

Yes.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

Kemper Watson

• Woodstock GA
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2014, 11:01:45 PM »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2014, 11:01:45 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 25 queries.