ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Qu-16 setup with Airport Express  (Read 12793 times)

Joey Breaux

Re: Qu-16 setup with Airport Express
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2014, 01:36:58 PM »

On the mixer Press SETUP and select the Network tab:

Thanks for the pic. I didn't look under the "Control" tab.

Joey Breaux

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2014, 02:04:14 PM »

I'm at work so I have the Airport Express plugged in to the wall. No Cat5 cables hooked to
anything right now.

Light on the AE is flashing yellow.

In Airport Utility on my ipad.....light flashing yellow as well.
Status messages are No internet...does not have a valid IP address. No DNS Servers, Allow setup over Ethernet WAN, Nothing connected to Ethernet WAN Port.

Go to Edit, Advanced, DHCPand NAT. Router Mode, select DHCP only.
Range Beginning 169.254.202.2
Range Ending 169.254.202.200
Hit Done. Then I get a message: Invalid Value The DHCP range you have entered conflicts with the WAN IP address of your base station.

I thought apple stuff was supposed to be easy?

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2014, 02:23:20 PM »

On the mixer Press SETUP and select the Network tab:

Some conflicting data here:

The ports on the Airport are MDI/MDI-X auto selection you do not need a crossover. 

If the iPad can discover the console with a random IP then it is using broadcast messages or raw Layer 2 Ethernet Datagrams (again broadcast).  It's not a port thing.  Ports are bound to IP addresses, each IP has access to all 65535 UDP Ports and another 65535 TCP ports.

I have never used a A&H so I will defer on this point.  My statement was generalized as any remote console or device I have ever said up you had to put the IP address (or hostname if running DNS) in the application.

I learnt my new thing for the day, does this mean I can go back to bed?

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2014, 03:08:04 PM »

I don't ever remember going through all these steps when I got my QU16. I know very little about networks, IP addresses, DHCP's or anything else but I got mine running in a few minutes.
I went through the steps to get my new router up and running, named it QU16, connected it via standard ethernet cable to my console and my iPad found it right away. I was remotely moving sliders within minutes.
I am confused by the confusion ???????

In fact it was the most straight forward piece of the learning curve for me… (and I'm old ) he he

A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Chuck Simon

• Pittsburgh, Pa.
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2014, 03:43:17 PM »

I'm with you Debbie.  With both my Studiolive and Soundcraft Expression, the Airport Express was literally  plug and play using the default settings of the board and the router. 

Joey Breaux

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2014, 04:10:02 PM »

Thanks Debbie. You made me reset and start over. Up and going in about 10 minutes.

Debbie Dunkley

• Central North Carolina
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2014, 04:21:13 PM »

Thanks Debbie. You made me reset and start over. Up and going in about 10 minutes.

YAY…good news…I try to live by 'KISS'……and I am - so it works...
A young child says to his mother, "Mom, when I grow up I'm going to be a musician." She replies, "Well honey, you know you can't do both."

Steve Garris

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2014, 05:52:38 PM »

I use an Airport Express with my Mackie DL1608. After setting it all up, I still had the blinking yellow light on the Airport Express. To fix that, I installed the Airport Express Utility, and within that it allows you to eliminate the false warnings, and will get you to where you have a green light on the unit.

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2014, 10:23:54 PM »

I use an Airport Express with my Mackie DL1608. After setting it all up, I still had the blinking yellow light on the Airport Express. To fix that, I installed the Airport Express Utility, and within that it allows you to eliminate the false warnings, and will get you to where you have a green light on the unit.

The only problem I have with not having a basic knowledge of networking is some day it's not going to just work and you need to be able to use ping and other simple tools to diagnose a network issue.

Would you put something in the signal chain you don't understand?  I know that when running monitors and mains from a digital board if I don't have the remote work surface it takes significantly longer to get things setup.  If you have a headless mixer like an x32 rack or a Mackie DL, this becomes even more important.

We started a thread on basic TCP/IP networking for audio professionals.  As different folks provide input it should be a very useful go to.

Good luck!
Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2014, 10:23:54 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 25 queries.