ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THIS is why.....  (Read 17006 times)

Craig Leerman

• Global Moderator
  • Do Not Read This!
THIS is why.....
« on: July 10, 2014, 04:43:17 PM »

I never let a valet park my Lamborghini  :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79sFkUi2iAc
I'm so old, when I was doing FOH for Tommy Dorsey, to balance out the horn section I would slide their chairs downstage and upstage to mix!

TechWorksReno.com
Facebook.com/TechWorksReno
Pinterest.com/TechWorks0492

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
Re: THIS is why.....
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 08:45:36 PM »

I have lost to many of them that way.

That is why I drive a simpler car now :)
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Jeff Bankston

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 11:31:15 PM »

i drive an f350 dually with posi traction so they can drive over the lamborghini

frank kayser

• Maryland suburbs of Washington DC
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2014, 02:25:25 PM »

i drive an f350 dually with posi traction so they can drive over the lamborghini

You might, but after the f350 meets that post, the front end will be all but indistinguishable from that of the Lambo.  It will be a bit less costly to get the F350 back into shape, however.

I had a friend with an "indestructible" 4wd vehicle (his terms).  Could take anything.
When I saw him commuting in on the train three days later, I asked why.  Seems his "indestructible" truck hit one of those parking lot "sleeper" parking curbs hidden under the snow and took out the front end rather comprehensively.

frank

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 04:24:39 PM »

Did his foot slip off the clutch and land hard on the gas....  ::)

;D

P.S. It's a bad idea to wear flip-flops in the rain and drive a vehicle with a standard tranny... I've never had anything bad happen, but I came close once when my foot slipped off the clutch while I was backing out of a parking spot...

Jeff Bankston

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 05:24:46 PM »

You might, but after the f350 meets that post, the front end will be all but indistinguishable from that of the Lambo.  It will be a bit less costly to get the F350 back into shape, however.

I had a friend with an "indestructible" 4wd vehicle (his terms).  Could take anything.
When I saw him commuting in on the train three days later, I asked why.  Seems his "indestructible" truck hit one of those parking lot "sleeper" parking curbs hidden under the snow and took out the front end rather comprehensively.

frank
i was making a funny  ;D. however a few year ago a chevrolet malibu turned in front of me. i was going 45. minor damage to my f350. my truck hit the right front wheel and relocated the engine about 1 foot further to the left and pushed the mailbu across 2 lanes. i drove away and went to the store. a tow truck took the malibu away. if i still have the fotos i took i will post them.

Jeff Bankston

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 05:27:04 PM »

;D

P.S. It's a bad idea to wear flip-flops in the rain and drive a vehicle with a standard tranny... I've never had anything bad happen, but I came close once when my foot slipped off the clutch while I was backing out of a parking spot...
all my stuff has ben stick shift since 1973. i missippi where i grode up i learned right away to pay attention to the wet shoe on the clutch pedal in the rain specially since my vehicle usually dont have a rubber peadal pad. no they dont last long.

Bill McIntosh

• Louisville KY
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 06:34:57 PM »

Some of the F350 trucks around here could drive over the Lambo -- and not touch it   :o.  Jeeze, you could change the tranny and never need a jack (well, maybe some Jack after you're done).   8)
You always have to do the right thing, but that's not enough. You have a job where people have to trust you. You have to LOOK like you're doing the right thing.

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2014, 06:51:00 PM »

;D

Strange.

Every vehicle I have ever driven that has a clutch (trucks and cars) has the brake pedal between the clutch and the gas.  I don't how how you could drive by using the same foot for both the clutch and gas.

But maybe the lambos are different???????????
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Tom Bourke

• http://www.cwalv.com
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2014, 11:16:02 PM »

i was making a funny  ;D. however a few year ago a chevrolet malibu turned in front of me. i was going 45. minor damage to my f350. my truck hit the right front wheel and relocated the engine about 1 foot further to the left and pushed the mailbu across 2 lanes. i drove away and went to the store. a tow truck took the malibu away. if i still have the fotos i took i will post them.
My wife "ran over" a car with my cargo van and did not know it.  She did not have a car and was using my van to get to work. I noticed some extra color on my white van as I walked her out to it after lunch.  She got back to work to see a red sporty looking car with a messed up front fender, a woman crying, and a cop writing out a hit and run ticket.  She drove up in the van and explained she must have cut it to short and did not know she had hit the car.  The cop took a look at my van, stretch cargo 3/4 ton, and my wife, 4'11".  He closed his book and said exchange insurance, no hit and run ticket.  Turns out the woman had had her car less than 2 weeks!
I have a mild form of Dyslexia that affects my ability to spell.  I do use spell checking to help but it does not always work.  My form of Dyslexia does not affect my reading.  Dyslexics of the world untie! <a href="http://www.cwalv.com" target="_blank">http://www.cwalv.com</a>

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2014, 11:16:02 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 24 queries.