ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Chanel 1 on my crest 8002 smoked  (Read 9202 times)

Conrad Muzoora

• Mbarara, Uganda. www.koolinvestments.co.ug
    • Kool Events Uganda
Re: Chanel 1 on my crest 8002 smoked
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2014, 05:36:50 AM »

Hi all,
Managed to remove entire ch1 module from the amp. A friend is helping me ship to the US. I have seen a module from crest 10004 on eBay for cheap and was wondering if it could fit in the crest 8002? Since 10004 are simply two 8001's and the biggest difference between 8001 and 8002 is the power supply? Right?
Please advise.
Conrad :-[
www.kooleventug.com

Don Lanier

• Pearl Pro Audio
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2014, 12:01:03 AM »

I would send it to the closest REAL Crest authorized repair shop, If you want to ship it to Meridian MS thats the HQ and home of the Crest repair center, this may be allot closer,

Service Dpt - Peavey Electronics
Great Folds Road
Corby, Northamptonshire NN18 9ET GB
0044(0)1536 461234
[email protected]

If someone put a "Larger" fuse in my amp and it blew the channel or damged the transistors etc, THEY would be paying for the repairs.

Jerry Burns

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2014, 02:00:00 PM »

I would send it to the closest REAL Crest authorized repair shop, If you want to ship it to Meridian MS thats the HQ and home of the Crest repair center, this may be allot closer,

Service Dpt - Peavey Electronics
Great Folds Road
Corby, Northamptonshire NN18 9ET GB
0044(0)1536 461234
[email protected]

If someone put a "Larger" fuse in my amp and it blew the channel or damged the transistors etc, THEY would be paying for the repairs.
The Pro series amp your talking about are very hard to work on, also very dangerous to work on if your don't know what your doing. I send mine to a guy in LA for repair, I was told about him from the Crest service Center. Things have changed with Crest now that Peavey owns them. I sent a amp in a few years back and it took quite awhile to get it back. You can buy a used 8001  on Ebay for around $600. and the last one Crest repaired cost about $400. plus shipping. Also if you need only one amp I would look at the Pro 9200 or 8200 used. Much lighter and a lot of power. Good Luck and I think I would just bite the bullet and buy something else. Jerry >:( 

sam saponaro

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2014, 09:18:15 PM »

I have seen a module from crest 10004 on eBay for cheap
Unless there is more listed,I think thats my freind Ed's last 10004 module he's selling. While I dont think it will fit your amp,you might wanna hit him with a few crest questions he's pretty knowledgable about them. He had 4x 10004 a while ago.
From what I remeber he told me one sound co bought up most of the Crest modules and Peavey/Crest wants $600 flat rate to repair a module thats if the board aint cooked.

Conrad Muzoora

• Kool Events Uganda
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2014, 04:30:23 AM »

Sorry to wake up this thread. Got a deal on a broken crest 8002 with only channel 2 working. Any idea if the channel modules are interchangeable? If I buy this broken amp, the plan is to remove the working Ch B and fit it on channel A in my amp thus restoring it.
Conrad
www.kooleventug.com

Josh Millward

• Meridian, MS
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2014, 11:42:29 AM »

Sorry to wake up this thread. Got a deal on a broken crest 8002 with only channel 2 working. Any idea if the channel modules are interchangeable? If I buy this broken amp, the plan is to remove the working Ch B and fit it on channel A in my amp thus restoring it.
Conrad
www.kooleventug.com
Hi Conrad!

As long as the problem with the amplifier is limited to the circuitry of the non-working channel module, this would work as a fix. However, if there is a problem with the power supply or pre-amp board, this will not fix the problem.

However, since you now have two broken amplifiers, I suspect you will be able to get one working amp put together from all the parts of these two amplifiers.

As a test, you can swap the A & B channel modules in the chassis to see if the problem follows the module or stays where it was. If it follows the module, then you know where the problem is.

Have fun, good luck, and be safe while you are digging around inside that thing!

Thanks!
Josh
Josh Millward
Danley Sound Labs

Conrad Muzoora

• Kool Events Uganda
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2014, 11:49:26 AM »

Thanks Josh. I think the power supply is ok since the ChB is fine. I don't know about the pre amp though. Am going to open her up and take some pix
Conrad
www.kooleventug.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2014, 11:49:26 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 25 queries.