ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Sm58vsBeta58a  (Read 6387 times)

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
Re: Sm58vsBeta58a
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2014, 12:11:57 AM »

Oh, these are wireless?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Brayden Cohen

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2014, 02:35:03 PM »

Yea i have wired BETA58a's rite now but all the cords are becoming annoying so going wireless and going to shure BLXR SM58

David Hoover

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2014, 03:56:24 PM »

Yea i have wired BETA58a's rite now but all the cords are becoming annoying so going wireless and going to shure BLXR SM58

Yeah, man with our ensemble there are like 9 vocals, plus 5 leads.  We usually just scrounge up a bunch of wired SM58's and it does well with rejection for the 9 people.  I wouldn't go with anything too expensive of a capsule, but I would also be sure to get a quality wireless receiver and transmitter with directional antenna combiner to keep anyone from cutting out or interfering.

Brayden Cohen

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2014, 11:12:05 PM »

@David Hoover placing my order for the SHURE BLXR24SM58 system's. After observing the ensemble they have terrible mic etiquette and are to stubborn to listen so hope this works lol.

lindsay Dean

• Classic LAB
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2014, 02:54:06 PM »

@David Hoover placing my order for the SHURE BLXR24SM58 system's. After observing the ensemble they have terrible mic etiquette and are to stubborn to listen so hope this works lol.

You should also get enough 20 0z dixiecups, cut holes in the bottoms, slide them onto the mics up to the head and tell them" just sing into the dixie cup"
great  midrange and vocal separation ;D
"A mans got to know his limitations"
     and Pray for higher guidance

Jeff Carter

• Kitchener, ON, Canada
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2014, 04:35:36 PM »

You should also get enough 20 0z dixiecups, cut holes in the bottoms, slide them onto the mics up to the head and tell them" just sing into the dixie cup"
great  midrange and vocal separation ;D

There's a whole new way to cup the mic...
Mothers, don't let your babies grow up to be physics PhDs

Brayden Cohen

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2014, 01:16:39 AM »

@Lindsay Dean  ;D ;D ;D ;D

I thought SOLO would be better with that slight bump at 32khz LOLOL

David Hoover

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2014, 06:36:01 PM »

Also research the best frequencies for your area and set your wireless units as such.  Shure has a page that will tell you.  Having that many wireless together will require you to study up on it, test it, and make sure they are faithful every time.  The antenna combiner should take care of it once you get the frequencies dialed in.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2014, 06:36:01 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 23 queries.