ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Analog audio to multimode fiber converter?  (Read 12959 times)

Craig Leerman

• Global Moderator
  • Do Not Read This!
Re: Analog audio to multimode fiber converter?
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2014, 10:04:56 PM »

tvboy,

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real full name as required by the posting rules clearly displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section.

Craig
I'm so old, when I was doing FOH for Tommy Dorsey, to balance out the horn section I would slide their chairs downstage and upstage to mix!

TechWorksReno.com
Facebook.com/TechWorksReno
Pinterest.com/TechWorks0492

Joseph D. Macry

• Austin TX
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2014, 09:51:13 AM »

I'm late to this discussion and apologize if I'm replying incorrectly. What was the outcome of this project? I've used American Fibertek for something similar and recently purchased a 4 channel bi directional unit from Voscom (China) It arrived in three days and works great.

I successfully completed the fiber conversion with Extron Fox Tx/Rx AV. The football field already had fiber runs going from one side of the field to the other with some room for spares, so I got a local cabling subcontractor to install and test multimode fiber patch cords. I called Extron to make sure the units would handle audio without video. (They do.) We decided not to buy the Voscom because they have no US distributor, and warranty service would be difficult if needed.
Joseph Macry,
Austin, TX

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2014, 09:51:13 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 23 queries.