ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Ground on LED Par Can  (Read 10767 times)

Stephen Swaffer

Re: Ground on LED Par Can
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2014, 03:15:47 PM »

Well, they are correct-as long as everything is normal it will be fine.  Just like the receptacle I took apart yesterday.  Outside,  located above a concrete slab with a portable pool about 10 feet away, used to power pool filter and routinely unplugged/plugged while the owner was wet.  Non-GFCI, grounds in romex were cut off instead of connected-but so far nothing bad had happened.  Of course, it did not get put back together that way!
Steve Swaffer

jasonfinnigan

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2014, 07:41:55 PM »

Well, they are correct-as long as everything is normal it will be fine.

Yes, but that is not the reason we have codes. Or grounds. etc. If everything was always normal why am I wasting time with having ground rods drove in the ground? This thing will likely never be used because of this. I did check the voltage from ground to the can and it was nothing but still after a little use on it it could be very bad.

Stephen Swaffer

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2014, 02:13:24 PM »

What I find curious about this, is that most people would feel short changed if their new vehicle did not come with a spare tire-even though that spare may never ever be used.  Many of the same people see no need to hook up grounds "because they really aren't needed."

Yet, in most cases, if you need a spare tire and don't have one it is merely an inconvenience.  However, if you need a ground and don't have one, it may well be fatal.
Steve Swaffer

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2014, 10:41:51 AM »

What I find curious about this, is that most people would feel short changed if their new vehicle did not come with a spare tire-even though that spare may never ever be used.  Many of the same people see no need to hook up grounds "because they really aren't needed."

Yet, in most cases, if you need a spare tire and don't have one it is merely an inconvenience.  However, if you need a ground and don't have one, it may well be fatal.

Some folks in other parts of the world have a different value for life safety.

We've been buying lights from China and consider them disposable after 2 years, and we're on a pretty good name basis with "Fong" in Los Angeles that actually takes care of importation.  We had the wrong amber LEDs in one shipment, they sent us replacements and we had a local tech swap them, the importer gave us credit on our next order, and they came with the right LEDs.

If you're willing to buy 6 dozen of a model, they can customize certain features, like beam width.

We open every unit and check wiring harnesses and mechanical connections, and tighten all screws.  Some units are perfect and others need a fair bit of love.  While the importer makes good on things not right, we've found it prudent to order spares/extras at time of original purchase.  Nudge, wink.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2014, 10:41:51 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 25 queries.