ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wireless Coordination, not just useful...  (Read 12428 times)

Steve Oldridge

Re: Wireless Coordination, not just useful...
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2014, 04:27:02 PM »

An RF spectrum analyzer is great if you have one, but you can do a good job without one. Using WWB6 and paying attention to your receivers once you have then tuned to coordinated frequencies may be all you need. The important part is eliminating TV channel interference, and intermodulation interference, both of which are done with WWB.

Thanks Mac, this appears to be the important part... guess I'm just going to have to try it on the laptop at the net gig and seem what happens !

David Sturzenbecher

• So. Dak.
    • Sturz Audio
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2014, 05:44:11 PM »

You can drag a threshold up or down on the graph and it will exclude from coordination any part of spectrum where the imported trace is above the threshold.

It really is the most bad-to-the-bone freeware that I've ever seen.  I've successfully used CSV data from Signal Hound, RF Explorer, and WinRadio to coord with it.  It's quirky with non-Shure gear, but works great when you build your own equipment model specs based on IAS parameters and experience.  Who can blame Shure for that?  When used with an Axient Spectrum Manager and Axient gear, it's nothing short of awesome.

I still prefer IAS for large coords, though.  The workflow is smoother, especially when you must constantly recoordinate small parts of the whole show as your requirements change.

You can add .csv data from a TTi PSA scanner to the list of devices which will work with WWB6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Audio Systems Design Engineer
Daktronics, Inc.
CTS-D, CTS-I
AES Full Member

Bob Charest

• Lab Lounge
  • Westbrook ME, USA
    • Bob Charest Band
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2014, 09:41:57 AM »

I saw you were saying a wifi tracking device and did not see any mention on a good program to work with. 

So I have seen and heard from others that Inssider was a good tool and have been using this and agree
with this as a good tool to download and use.    http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/
Hi Jerome,

The Wi-Fi scanner I use is Wifi Analyzer on a Nexus7 tablet. Inexpensive on the Google play store.

It is certainly not needed for working with our mics and IEM units, but we also have 5GHz comm in place for wireless mixing and for members to control their IEM mixes, so, for us, it is essential.

Best regards,
Bob

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2014, 04:12:15 PM »

• I can scan the 2.4/5Ghz devices using apps on an Android/iDevice, but how to I sync that data with the 500-700 Mhz devices discovered in the RF scan ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm probably not the only complete noob at this!

You don't need to sync 2.4 & 5 gHz stuff with your 500-700 MHz stuff.

Unless you have 2.4gHz microphones, you might not care.
    Personally, I avoid the use of anything in that band.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Steve Oldridge

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2014, 10:05:03 PM »

You don't need to sync 2.4 & 5 gHz stuff with your 500-700 MHz stuff.

Unless you have 2.4gHz microphones, you might not care.
    Personally, I avoid the use of anything in that band.

Rob.. thanks, but other than the drummer, the rest use Line6 G series wireless. They are all 2.4Ghz range... a g50, 2*G30 and a G90.  So I believe I should be sync'ing them with each other in that band.. even tho' not with the 500-700 stuff.

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
      • Lynx Audio Services
    « Reply #25 on: July 04, 2014, 11:54:51 PM »

Rob.. thanks, but other than the drummer, the rest use Line6 G series wireless. They are all 2.4Ghz range... a g50, 2*G30 and a G90.  So I believe I should be sync'ing them with each other in that band.. even tho' not with the 500-700 stuff.

I am not familiar with the issues of coordinating the Line6 gear. My worry is the several hundred interference sources that show up after sound check when the doors open.

rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Scott Helmke

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2014, 10:01:03 AM »

Another RF "scanner" that works with WWB6 is the PSM1000 system. You can scan with a beltpack, then IR upload that to the transmitter, then suck that into WWB6.

For places where there's no government database for WWB6 to look up, you can just type in "exclusions" including frequency ranges. So if you know what channels are broadcasting you should be able to work back to frequencies. Then you can save that as a show file to use as a starting point for coordinating different systems.

In our shop we've got IAS on a show laptop and on the warehouse computer, but since everybody already has WWB6 on their own computer most small (less than 10-20 channels) coordinations get done in WWB6.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2014, 10:01:03 AM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 24 queries.