ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Has anyone heard the new EV ETX-18SP in a live setting - $1500 powered sub marke  (Read 5328 times)

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC

The only reviews I can find are from the trade shows in a controlled environment. 

I am very satisfied with the KW181 I have been using and was just going to buy more.  However the ETX's are interesting.  I wish the specs were more qualified (power out with freq. range and THD, frequency response with a +/- level range etc.) but the larger cabinet and the theoretical specs on the driver they used look like they should go 10hz lower than the KW's.

I know a lot of you have also recommended the JBL PRX718-XLF.  I think the KW's blow away the 618P's are the 718's a big step up.

The real question is JBL 718, KW181 or the ETX 18SP.  I can rent the JBL's and judge them for myself but I can't find anyone with ETX's in inventory in the Great Lakes.

Opinions?

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

jasonfinnigan

Only positive reviews I've hard have come from DJ. Don't get me started on how well I trust DJs opinions.....

Scott Holtzman

Only positive reviews I've hard have come from DJ. Don't get me started on how well I trust DJs opinions.....

Understand......I should add this is for live sound reinforcement not thump.  In addition to being powerful it must be accurate and controlled. 

Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

cliff truesdell

My only experience is at NAMM with the new EV sub. One quick bit of info is that the EV sub uses the same driver that was or is in the Phoenix subs.

Scott Holtzman

EV sub uses the same driver that was or is in the Phoenix subs.

You are talking about the Phoenix consumer car audio stuff?  In a $1400 subwoofer?  That is baffling.

Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services

You are talking about the Phoenix consumer car audio stuff?  In a $1400 subwoofer?  That is baffling.

I don't think so.
EV made a pro sub to go with a Phoenix line of pro speaker cabinets. We had one at the subwoofer shoot out in NYC some years back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Scott Harris

• Subwoofer forum
  • Worcester, MA
    • Running Sound

I would assume Phoenix as in pro audio.  See - http://www.electrovoice.com/product.php?id=370

ProSoundWeb Community

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.