ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone have a pair of SD10s available for rent next weekend?  (Read 3781 times)

Steve Payne

• Soundworks of Virginia, Inc.
Re: Anyone have a pair of SD10s available for rent next weekend?
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2018, 08:47:39 PM »

If you only knew how much this show is costing the organization, you would be dumbfounded. It's not just one show either. It's 6 shows over a weekend, with a whole week of special events, and a 100 days long opening festival. There's more money involved here than most arena tours.

This is culmination of a 10 year long project, 6 years of construction, and more than 4 years of my direct involvement.

And as of this morning we found the consoles we needed for the headlining opening act.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/10/arts/design/tulsa-park-gathering-place.html

Wow!  That project is incredible!  You must be honored and humbled to be involved.  Great stuff.  I just this morning read an article about the KKK slaughter in Tulsa that was dubbed a “race riot”.  What are the odds..... Glad you were able to procure the SD10s.  I hope everything goes smoothly.
Steve Payne
like us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/SOUNDWORKSOFVIRGINIA

Scott Holtzman

• Ghost AV - Avon Lake, OH
    • Ghost Audio Visual Systems, LLC
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2018, 09:43:04 PM »

Wow!  That project is incredible!  You must be honored and humbled to be involved.  Great stuff.  I just this morning read an article about the KKK slaughter in Tulsa that was dubbed a “race riot”.  What are the odds..... Glad you were able to procure the SD10s.  I hope everything goes smoothly.
The roots next weekend.  Need some extra crew Justice

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Scott AKA "Skyking" Holtzman

Ghost Audio Visual Solutions, LLC
Cleveland OH
www.ghostav.rocks

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2018, 10:03:10 PM »

I'm not sure that honored and humbled are quite the right adjectives. But it has been an amazing experience, albeit sometimes frustrating dealing with certain aspects of this project. I'm probably more proud of the jazz club down town that I have been working on for the last two or so years, also funded by the same local philanthropist, and which will open about a month after the park.

Hopefully I'll be posting some pics and write ups here and on my blog once both projects wrap up over the next month or two.
Justice C. Bigler
Business Rep, IATSE Local 354
www.justicebigler.com

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2018, 10:05:51 PM »

The roots next weekend.  Need some extra crew Justice

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
I'm not actually sure. We have a production firm that will be handling the heavy lifting. I'll have to get in touch with our production manager to see if w are lacking in any major crew spots.

But, anyone who is in the Tulsa area next weekend is welcome to come to the park. It's free, including the Roots show. All of the shows here will be free (at least that's what they say, anyway).

If you are in the area, hit me up, and I'll try to give you a tour of some sort, if I'm not already up to my eyeballs in some other project.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2018, 10:11:28 PM by Justice C. Bigler »
Justice C. Bigler
www.justicebigler.com

Jeff Lelko

• Cape Canaveral, FL
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2018, 11:42:27 PM »

Did I read that right?  A $465 million dollar park???  Looks like a neat project though!

Justice C. Bigler

• SR Forums
  • Tulsa, Oklahoma
    • My homepage
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2018, 12:46:17 AM »

Did I read that right?  A $465 million dollar park???  Looks like a neat project though!
That is correct. And 100% privately funded. Though I think $100 million of that is the maintenance and programming endowment. But, this is only the first phase of this project. There are two more phases, which includes another performance area, a Children's Museum and who knows what else. This thing is massive. It's almost a mile of river front property.

Justice C. Bigler
www.justicebigler.com

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2018, 10:49:40 AM »

Thats why there are so many Carnegie Libraries scattered about the country.  Its what the wealthy did with their money back in the day.  The modern parallels to the Gilded Age are starting to get uncomfortable.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2018, 10:49:40 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 25 queries.