ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Monitor Mix in Headphones? (Roland M400)  (Read 2488 times)

Porfirio Reyes

Monitor Mix in Headphones? (Roland M400)
« on: July 02, 2014, 09:26:05 PM »

Hello all,

I'm the new sound guy for my church, and I"m pretty new to the audio world in general.  I had a little training, but the main sound guy moved so I'm trying to learn as much as I can on my own.

The biggest complaint that I'm hearing is the monitor mix that the singers hear on the church stage from the wedge monitors.  Sometimes someone or instrument is too soft or loud, etc.   Our soundroom is in the balcony and it's open so there isn't a way to setup monitors in it so that I can hear what the singers are hearing without disturbing church goers in the middle of the service.  Would you happen to know if it's possible to to send the monitor mix that they hear to the headphone jack on the front of the M400 board?  Or of another solution?  Your help is greatly appreciated!

Cailen Waddell

Monitor Mix in Headphones? (Roland M400)
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 09:47:35 PM »

While I can't give you specific instructions, I would caution against using headphones too much... The singers on stage are hearing the monitor AND the stage volume of the band, so just listening to the monitor mix in the headphones will only give you insight to what is coming out of the monitor, not what the singers are hearing. 

If you are still learning it may be useful to teach a helper how to adjust monitors and go stand with the singers during a rehearsal, have a conversation and learn what they need to sing(which may be different than what they want to hear)

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matthew Knischewsky

• Kitchener Ontario Canada
Re: Monitor Mix in Headphones? (Roland M400)
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 10:20:25 PM »

I don't know your console but what you want to do is "solo" whatever aux sends are being used to feed the monitors, which should send that mix to your headphones.
Using headphones is a great way to "monitor" the monitors by gauging relative levels between the various sources being fed to the stage. Of course it's not going to sound exactly like it does on stage but it's much better than nothing. Having a pair of headphones handy at all times while mixing is always a good idea.

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 02:30:14 AM »

I don't know your console but what you want to do is "solo" whatever aux sends are being used to feed the monitors

Might be marked as PFL or AFL.

Steve.

Ben Brunskill

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 03:13:33 AM »

When you select ‘sends on faders’ mode, the selected channel should automatically goes to the headphones/.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 03:13:33 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 23 queries.