ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Information is Power  (Read 4028 times)

Eric Deweese

• SR Forums
Information is Power
« on: June 26, 2014, 10:34:48 PM »

Hello all, I debated whether or not to post...but after searching and my failing memory I would like to propose we create a sticky with some websites of power product(s) manufacturers and suppliers.

I.E. Motion Labs, OA Windsor... etc. Stuff pertaining to the entertainment industry obviously.

The main reason to this for me is I am suddenly blanking on another manufacturer of rack mount power distros that I have been trying remember for about 4hrs. I remember what the site looked like, but cannot remember the name.

I think this would be a welcomed resource.

Thanks,

Eric Deweese

• SR Forums
Re: Information is Power
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 01:53:16 AM »

I remembered it after laying in bed for 2hrs!  www.ampshop.com   Now my mind may actually let me sleep...we will see.

Mike Sokol

• Lead instructor for the No~Shock~Zone
    • No~Shock~Zone Electrical Safety
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 06:52:54 AM »

Hello all, I debated whether or not to post...but after searching and my failing memory I would like to propose we create a sticky with some websites of power product(s) manufacturers and suppliers.

This is a good idea, but let me think about the best way to manage it.

Mike Sokol

Frank DeWitt

• LBP DI Box
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 08:57:36 AM »

I remember what the site looked like, but cannot remember the name.

Thanks,

When you can remember what it looks like but not the name often a search of images (example enter rack mount distro) and click on images) will find it.
Not to Code

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 11:49:56 AM »

When you can remember what it looks like but not the name often a search of images (example enter rack mount distro) and click on images) will find it.

I seem to search for most things by image rather than description now.

Steve.

Tim Padrick

• Indianapolis
    • T.P. Audio
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 02:04:24 AM »

I find that a well organized Bookmarks list cuts way down on the crap that I have to remember.

I think TMB might have little distros as well.

Whirlwind is getting into the power products game with big distros and stage widgets, but I don't know if they have any little distros yet.

Wren Curtis

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 11:30:32 AM »

I've started using Gmail's "saved draft" emails as a way to organize and save links - that way I can access the info anywhere, even if my computer totally dies and my bookmarks folder isn't backed up.

Like, if there's a piece of rigging hardware and I've forgotten exactly what it's called or where to buy it, I just search "rigging" in my Gmail account, pull up that saved draft, and find it in there.  And if I come across a cool new piece of hardware, I just copy the link and paste it into that saved draft.  That system's worked really well for me thus far.

Which isn't to say that I'm not a fan of the OP's suggestion - I think it's a good one.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 11:30:32 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 25 queries.