ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upcoming event  (Read 9834 times)

Derek D Sanchez

• DDSProductions.
Re: Upcoming event
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2014, 01:17:54 PM »

Indoors we have always used 4 tops and 4 lows and it was more than enough, never tried 6 over 6 inside. I sure do miss those subs, I ran them since 2004 to 2013 and then sold them, everything now looks wimpy compared to those dual 18, they were scary looking, even the srx 728 and stx 828 looks like they got shrunk in the dryer. I currently have the vrx 918s. 4 over 4 inside will cover 1500 inside no problem at 110 db back at room. We ran several hardcore bands with it. Derek

Ray Aberle

• Classic LAB
  • Located in Vancouver, WA (and serves OR-WA-ID-BC)
    • Kelcema Audio
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2014, 01:36:26 PM »

I currently have the vrx 918s. 4 over 4 inside will cover 1500 inside no problem at 110 db back at room. We ran several hardcore bands with it. Derek

Is that 4-over-4 per side, or total? If per side (which is what I would think), then again, the OP doesn't have access to rigging and you can't pole mount more then two boxes. Either way, if 8-15" drivers are not acceptable, I would be hard pressed to think that 8-12" drivers (or worse, 4!) would be agreeable.

Just saying that Tim, who has WORKED the band in question before, stated that SRX/this room combination would probably be unacceptable to him as well. When it comes down to the end of the day, what we "think is best" sometimes falls behind what the promoter wants. (Given technical, physical and budgetary limitations, of course.)

-Ray
Kelcema Audio
Regional - Serving Pacific Northwest (OR, WA, ID, BC)

Derek D Sanchez

• DDSProductions.
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2014, 01:43:33 PM »

4 jbl 4719x over 4 jbl srx 725 is what we used to use to cover 1500 inside for rock bands. I now use the vrx 918 but have not been doing shows like that this year because it was to much work for not enough budget.

Bob Kidd

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2014, 07:23:51 PM »

Thanks for help, I will be using 4 srx 725s, 4 srx 728s with 2 srx 718s to get by on this gig. I do have a chance to get 4 stx 835s or maybe array's for the future. Would the stx 835 be a better choice or am I still looking at same issue for this type of venue? Venue holds 400. When I make this move want to do it right. Thanks for your help!

Teddy Murphy

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2014, 07:34:01 PM »

I have Saliva on the 31st and can't get a phone call answers or a returned call (no email address). Promoter is trying to low ball on budget.  He says they club holds 400, but it's about 30ft wide by 40 to front of house IF THAT.  Trying to figure out what rig to use since there are no points for rigging my line array.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2014, 08:20:21 PM »

I have Saliva on the 31st and can't get a phone call answers or a returned call (no email address). Promoter is trying to low ball on budget.  He says they club holds 400, but it's about 30ft wide by 40 to front of house IF THAT.  Trying to figure out what rig to use since there are no points for rigging my line array.

I'll see if I can find current contact info, we've done a bunch of shows with them over the years. Generally an easy bunch to work with, IIRC.  Just remember that it's a rock show, the stage will be loud and you'll need to get well over that level and have enough subbage to feel the LF.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Bob Kidd

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2014, 08:59:25 PM »

Check your PM. Sent it to you.

Bob Kidd

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2014, 09:01:13 PM »

I'll see if I can find current contact info, we've done a bunch of shows with them over the years. Generally an easy bunch to work with, IIRC.  Just remember that it's a rock show, the stage will be loud and you'll need to get well over that level and have enough subbage to feel the LF.

Your right Tim they are pretty cool.

Bob Kidd

« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2014, 01:55:50 PM »

Four has never been an issue to me Bob, but six (6) may be looking for trouble. I just don't see any way you could splay them properly. You'll have plenty of volume with the four, but you'll be pushing hard. Let us know how this works out please.

Update on event: Everything went great! System rocked. I used 4 SRX 725s and 6 SRX 728s and ended up having more than enough headroom. With adding additional speakers, a week before event I setup up system and set gain structure and tweeked room EQ. Day of event sound tech/TM came in tested system and ran sound check and was very happy with performance of system. Was also very appreciative of system already being eq'd properly to room. Thanks again to Bob, Tim and everyone else who gave GREAT expert advice! Bob

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2014, 01:55:50 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 25 queries.