ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sennheiser Wireless mics - series comparisons  (Read 2355 times)

Garry Wilson

• Laurel, MD
    • 98.6 Sound
Sennheiser Wireless mics - series comparisons
« on: August 03, 2014, 09:56:52 AM »

Does anyone know of any significant sound quality or RF reception quality differences between the Sennheiser wireless hand held 100, 300 and 500 EW series. I have the 100 series. I'd had considered the 300series, but it just looked like getting a few more bells and whistles, no difference in sound or reception quality. I read up on the 500 series and didn't see anything to make jump to get one over a 100 or 300 series, other than more preset channels. Can someone enlighten me? I'm assisting a friend on which one to get.
Garry W.
CTS, SBE-CEV, A+
www.986sound.com

Keith Broughton

• Toronto
Re: Sennheiser Wireless mics - series comparisons
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 01:18:51 PM »

Does anyone know of any significant sound quality or RF reception quality differences between the Sennheiser wireless hand held 100, 300 and 500 EW series. I have the 100 series. I'd had considered the 300series, but it just looked like getting a few more bells and whistles, no difference in sound or reception quality. I read up on the 500 series and didn't see anything to make jump to get one over a 100 or 300 series, other than more preset channels. Can someone enlighten me? I'm assisting a friend on which one to get.
From what I understand from Sennheiser, the RF transmission capabilities and audio quality are the same.
Having the extra channels available in the 500 series can be an asset in the future as "white" space becomes harder to get.
I don't care enough to be apathetic

Caleb Dueck

• Sierra Vista, AZ
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 04:01:06 PM »

What Keith said.  300 basically adds networking and rack mount hardware, 500 adds the E9xx handheld Tx.  2000 gives dual Rx in one piece, higher Tx power.  Probably a few other differences as well, but how the signal travels through the air is the same.
Experience is something you get right after you need it.

George Dougherty

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 04:35:53 PM »

What Keith said.  300 basically adds networking and rack mount hardware, 500 adds the E9xx handheld Tx.  2000 gives dual Rx in one piece, higher Tx power.  Probably a few other differences as well, but how the signal travels through the air is the same.

All of the transmitters and receivers in the evolution series are cross-compatible.  The 500 series just have the 900 series capsules available by default.  The only differences are network-ability and available channel tuning. 

Looking toward a setup of 4-6 channels myself, I may wish I had the 300/500 series down the road, but budget got me the 100 series.  The easiest way to deal with those is to scan on one, find the best bank, then step through and find which channels are open in that bank.  Leave the other units unscanned, so you can tune to all the channels in any bank and just manually set them to the appropriate channels.  Once you have that done, sync your mics and go.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 04:35:53 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 25 queries.