ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: x32 - Aux Fed subs - Should be a quick kill- what am I overlooking  (Read 7338 times)

Jerome Casinger

• Castle Rock DJ and Sound

Did a search and cant find what I am looking for.  Basically how are you guys doing it.  Why do I ask?

If I use a subgroup, and change the master fader, obviously PA balance goes out the window.  I would like to maintain this.  I know you can link the Center channel with LR if I put it in LCR mode correct?  So I did that,

If I use the M bus, I only have the rotary knob to adjust level and it isn't showing change on my screen when I push the fader up and down like when LR bus is selected instead of Mono bus.  Am I missing something.  I must add, I fired it up and had my first "glitch" today when I was trying to figure out routing on this so maybe its just being quirky on me.  So I have powered it down and am letting it sit for a bit for a reboot.

Am I confusing the mono bus instead of stereo with LCR?  I am thinking I just have an option wrong somewhere and am over looking it, does it need to be in LCR for the mono buss to work cause I am getting no action on it?

Appreciate any help.  I have a band in a few weeks that will benefit from this setup so I am trying to get the profile done before hand to get it all dialed in properly.

Jeffery Foster

Re: x32 - Aux Fed subs - Should be a quick kill- what am I overlooking
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 09:26:49 PM »

(From memory so the terminology may be off)
At the setup screen, there is an option to tick that says "M/C fader depends on LR".   That ties them together.

Don Ernst

• Ernst Audio Services, Inc
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 09:58:19 PM »

Am I confusing the mono bus instead of stereo with LCR?  I am thinking I just have an option wrong somewhere and am over looking it, does it need to be in LCR for the mono buss to work cause I am getting no action on it?

You need to leave the setting in LR mode on the setup screen. 

On every channel that you wish to send to the mono bus, you must turn on the channel send and set the level to unity.  On the console to the immediate left of the screen are the main sends.  The top knob is the send to the mono bus and the button under it turns the send on for the selected channel.  Once you do that, you should have the mono bus working.  Now go to the setup screen and check the box that says Mono Bus Follows Main Fader.  Go to the Main/Matrix Faders on the right and set the M/C Fader to unity.  Now the Main fader will control all main levels.
Don Ernst
Louisville, Ky.

Jerome Casinger

• Castle Rock DJ and Sound
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 10:09:52 PM »

I knew it was something easy, that sounds right.  I just loaded up for a gig, but will play with that tomorrow and run.  Thanks for the quick response!

You need to leave the setting in LR mode on the setup screen. 

On every channel that you wish to send to the mono bus, you must turn on the channel send and set the level to unity.  On the console to the immediate left of the screen are the main sends.  The top knob is the send to the mono bus and the button under it turns the send on for the selected channel.  Once you do that, you should have the mono bus working.  Now go to the setup screen and check the box that says Mono Bus Follows Main Fader.  Go to the Main/Matrix Faders on the right and set the M/C Fader to unity.  Now the Main fader will control all main levels.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 10:09:52 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 25 queries.