ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NMFC number for freight shipping of consoles?  (Read 6927 times)

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
NMFC number for freight shipping of consoles?
« on: June 26, 2014, 12:19:05 PM »

Anyone know the best NMFC number to assign to a large console like a PM5?  Would the power supply use the same number even if shipped in a cardboard carton?  Its tricky working in a system that is beaded on moving bulk products.

John Penkala

Re: NMFC number for freight shipping of consoles?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 12:22:23 PM »

Anyone know the best NMFC number to assign to a large console like a PM5?  Would the power supply use the same number even if shipped in a cardboard carton?  Its tricky working in a system that is beaded on moving bulk products.

I used 125 on my last console shipment, Midas F32. There are online calculators for freight density and charts for NMFC numbers.

http://www.freightquote.com/howtoship/nmfc-freight-density.aspx

http://www.fmlfreight.com/freight-101/freight-classes/
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 12:25:27 PM by John Penkala »

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 12:59:36 PM »

I have the freight class as suggested bt freight quote but it also asked for an nmfc number as a separate thing as the end of the process.

I used 125 on my last console shipment, Midas F32. There are online calculators for freight density and charts for NMFC numbers.

http://www.freightquote.com/howtoship/nmfc-freight-density.aspx

http://www.fmlfreight.com/freight-101/freight-classes/

John Penkala

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 01:05:36 PM »

I have the freight class as suggested bt freight quote but it also asked for an nmfc number as a separate thing as the end of the process.

That confused me as well. I thought they were one in the same. I'm not sure if I did the right thing but I just used the same number.

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 01:58:26 PM »

For general electrically operated equipment that does not have a specific code I use 61700-#, with the sub # (and freight class) being determined by the density of the entire shipment as follows:

Electrical Appliances or Instruments, NOI, see Note, item 61701, in boxes, crates or Packages 829, 1241 or 2112, subject to Items 170 and 171 and having a density in pounds per cubic foot of:
Sub 1 Less than 1 .............................................................................................. 400
Sub 2 1 but less than 2 ...................................................................................... 300
Sub 3 2 but less than 4 ...................................................................................... 250
Sub 4 4 but less than 6 ...................................................................................... 150
Sub 5 6 but less than 8 ...................................................................................... 125
Sub 6 8 but less than 10 .................................................................................... 100
Sub 7 10 but less than 12 ................................................................................... 92.5
Sub 8 12 but less than 15 ................................................................................... 85
Sub 9 15 but less than 22.5 ................................................................................ 70
Sub 10 22.5 but less than 30 ............................................................................... 65
Sub 11 30 or greater........................................................................................... 60

Be sure to check the liability limitation of the carrier you choose. Sometimes a slightly more expensive carrier will provide much greater coverage in the base cost of the shipment.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 01:58:26 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 25 queries.