ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NMFC number for freight shipping of consoles?  (Read 683 times)

Riley Casey

NMFC number for freight shipping of consoles?
« on: June 26, 2014, 12:19:05 pm »

Anyone know the best NMFC number to assign to a large console like a PM5?  Would the power supply use the same number even if shipped in a cardboard carton?  Its tricky working in a system that is beaded on moving bulk products.

John Penkala

Re: NMFC number for freight shipping of consoles?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 12:22:23 pm »

Anyone know the best NMFC number to assign to a large console like a PM5?  Would the power supply use the same number even if shipped in a cardboard carton?  Its tricky working in a system that is beaded on moving bulk products.

I used 125 on my last console shipment, Midas F32. There are online calculators for freight density and charts for NMFC numbers.

http://www.freightquote.com/howtoship/nmfc-freight-density.aspx

http://www.fmlfreight.com/freight-101/freight-classes/
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 12:25:27 pm by John Penkala »

Riley Casey

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 12:59:36 pm »

I have the freight class as suggested bt freight quote but it also asked for an nmfc number as a separate thing as the end of the process.

I used 125 on my last console shipment, Midas F32. There are online calculators for freight density and charts for NMFC numbers.

http://www.freightquote.com/howtoship/nmfc-freight-density.aspx

http://www.fmlfreight.com/freight-101/freight-classes/

John Penkala

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2014, 01:05:36 pm »

I have the freight class as suggested bt freight quote but it also asked for an nmfc number as a separate thing as the end of the process.

That confused me as well. I thought they were one in the same. I'm not sure if I did the right thing but I just used the same number.

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 01:58:26 pm »

For general electrically operated equipment that does not have a specific code I use 61700-#, with the sub # (and freight class) being determined by the density of the entire shipment as follows:

Electrical Appliances or Instruments, NOI, see Note, item 61701, in boxes, crates or Packages 829, 1241 or 2112, subject to Items 170 and 171 and having a density in pounds per cubic foot of:
Sub 1 Less than 1 .............................................................................................. 400
Sub 2 1 but less than 2 ...................................................................................... 300
Sub 3 2 but less than 4 ...................................................................................... 250
Sub 4 4 but less than 6 ...................................................................................... 150
Sub 5 6 but less than 8 ...................................................................................... 125
Sub 6 8 but less than 10 .................................................................................... 100
Sub 7 10 but less than 12 ................................................................................... 92.5
Sub 8 12 but less than 15 ................................................................................... 85
Sub 9 15 but less than 22.5 ................................................................................ 70
Sub 10 22.5 but less than 30 ............................................................................... 65
Sub 11 30 or greater........................................................................................... 60

Be sure to check the liability limitation of the carrier you choose. Sometimes a slightly more expensive carrier will provide much greater coverage in the base cost of the shipment.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, SLS, Renkus Heinz, Danley Sound Labs, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, VTC, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Denon, Rane, Audix, One Systems, OnPoint Audio, Beyerdynamic, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Road Ready, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, BenQ, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, more...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 24 queries.