ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Guitstar wars  (Read 14716 times)

Jerome Casinger

• Castle Rock DJ and Sound
Re: Guitstar wars
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2014, 06:54:38 PM »

That's the Roland Ready, Must say I wasn't a huge fan, but as I tool around in my mini-studio, I love the sounds that they have for these, especially since I cant play keyboards.  Lets me get the oooohhsss and ahhhhhs that I need.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 06:57:24 PM by Jerome Casinger »

Jerome Casinger

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2014, 06:57:45 PM »

This is the last one I will share (for the hour).  This is my Ibanez S-Series.  My sleeper guitar.  Few cool things, all vintage Dimarzio's and the innerds were all redone.  This thing sounds mean.

This was my first guitar, got it 15 years ago, and still remember my mom and dad arguing over buying this for me for X-Mas, my dad fought tooth and nail to work overtime to by me an "instrument" and not a toy.  He later helped me when I was hurting financially by buying my guitars from me, when he got rid of his BC Rich, he said he would never let me make the mistake he did.  This one will go to my son.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 07:00:36 PM by Jerome Casinger »

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2014, 09:04:20 PM »

Lot's of pretty wood on this page.

Art, My hand hurts just reading about your accident. Sorry that happened but it sounds like you don't let it stop you from doing what you want to do in life.

Tim, The Greco is the balls and that model was a shot at Rickenbacker. Gotta love the "V" shaped pickups.

I would only buy a guitar mail order from Sweetwater. They do a lot of things for you before the guitar is shipped and if you don't like it send it back. One of the things they do is post pictures on their site of the guitars they have for sale and match the serial number with the pictures so when you get the guitar you know it's the one you've chosen. Obviously I can't take pictures of a guitar that's still on it's way to me. The pictures you see are of my guitar sent to me by my sales rep before the guitar is packed for shipment. It's a nice touch and you know what it is that you're getting.

I admire any guitar made by people who don't do that type of work for a living. I even admire the acoustic on the other side of the pond.

Jerome, You're kinda spoiled.

Spenser, I like the color of your PRS. They do a nice job with fit and finish.

BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Jerome Casinger

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2014, 09:26:09 PM »

Cowboy Burt - Circa 1980 - Actually plays, has red and white checkerboard on the sides.  Was built out of a pallet, used exclusively for one or two solos back then.

My cigar box Geetar
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 09:36:59 PM by Jerome Casinger »

Jerome Casinger

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2014, 09:37:13 PM »

Last one for the night - Taylor 614CE - This is the only one that gets any serious use anymore.  Has a little blood stain in the sound hole from how I play.  Got ahold of Bob when I was having a problem with it, and he treated me top notch, got a picture with him and it somewhere.

Art Welter

• Santa Fe, New Mexico
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2014, 09:49:28 PM »

Art, My hand hurts just reading about your accident. Sorry that happened but it sounds like you don't let it stop you from doing what you want to do in life.

I admire any guitar made by people who don't do that type of work for a living. I even admire the acoustic on the other side of the pond.
Hey, accidents just build character  ;).

A hand accident (and loss of his son, and wife) didn't stop Billy Joe Shaver from playing guitar, got to work with him again not too long ago. He has written some of the greatest country songs ever recorded.

It's funny, between my left and his right, we have one full hand, we had a good laugh after seeing this shot:

Tim Tyler

• Richmond, Va USA
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2014, 10:14:01 PM »

"I would only buy a guitar mail order from Sweetwater. They do a lot of things for you before the guitar is shipped and if you don't like it send it back. One of the things they do is post pictures on their site of the guitars they have for sale and match the serial number with the pictures so when you get the guitar you know it's the one you've chosen. Obviously I can't take pictures of a guitar that's still on it's way to me. The pictures you see are of my guitar sent to me by my sales rep before the guitar is packed for shipment. It's a nice touch and you know what it is that you're getting."

Bob -

I had to rib you a little, because a couple of months ago, I bought, uh, something similar... the neck... aaaahhhhh!

-Tim T

« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 10:16:05 PM by Tim Tyler »

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2014, 01:07:41 AM »

Great minds think alike. That's a really beautiful LP. I bought this SG because I've got the feeling Gibson is going to stop building this model soon and the price seems low for this piece. Ask yourself why the 61' reissues cost more than a Les Paul tribute? ??? I already own a couple of SG's, one standard and one w/ P-90s, a couple of ES including a 20 year old Lucille, and my favorite, my custom historic 1960 LP. I see the neck at the nut on these is just a bit wider so I'm hoping the neck is how you say "aaaahhhh".
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Bill McIntosh

• Louisville KY
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2014, 04:03:36 PM »

I admire any guitar made by people who don't do that type of work for a living.

I guess that means even a rank amateur like me can show off a little.

I am more proud of my son (holding the finished instrument) than the guitar.

He picked out the bits, we assembled it for his 21st birthday.

Warmoth body and neck, DiMarzio DP158 and DP159 humbucker pickups and a Graphtec piezo in the tailstock (if that's the right word).  Zebrawood and swamp ash with gold tone bits.

Wiring the 5 way switch was an exercise in more patience than I usually possess, and when it was assembled, it had a nasty buzz in the 1 and 5 positions.  Local luthier figured it out  -- the problem was that the opening did not let the switch move fully to either extreme.  Two minutes with a file in skilled hands and it sounded like it should.

First and likely last one I will ever make.
You always have to do the right thing, but that's not enough. You have a job where people have to trust you. You have to LOOK like you're doing the right thing.

Ned Ward

• SR Forums
  • Redondo Beach, CA
    • Our band's page on Facebook
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2014, 04:07:59 PM »

here's a first one for me - the Gumby Guitar.

I built this in 1994 with a Stew Mac alder body, and a Warmoth tiger maple compound radius neck. Pickups are Duncan 59 in the neck, and a JB in the bridge; volume and tone knobs are push/pull to allow for more of a single coil sound where needed. It's been my go-to guitar for the past 20 years and sounds great. I sweat more than the Boss, so I'm now on my 3rd JB pickup (and this is with wiping down the guitar after shows and during sets).

The green paint is PPG Urethane car paint that I picked out, and was painted by a guy in Chicago named Mark Scime of Rocket Refinishers; he had done some custom work for Urge Overkill and his price was reasonable.

Sounds great, especially through an old Bandmaster or Showman...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2014, 04:07:59 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 24 queries.