ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: DANTE Fuzz - GLD 112  (Read 9758 times)

Michael Elphinstone

Re: DANTE Fuzz - GLD 112
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2014, 12:31:52 PM »

Have you tried asking this question on the A&H GLD forums or contacting A&H Support? They may be able to offer some insights. As others have said, it still sounds like a clocking or sampling issue, or maybe a gain structure issue on the direct outs, but my gut says clock/sample.

When you get a resolution, please post back with the results.

Good luck,
Michael

John Spicer

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2014, 12:09:13 PM »

Hey All,

Its been about a month and I believe the problem has now been solved. The short was that it was a DAW problem not a DANTE problem.  After validating that we were in compliance with all of the recommendations related to DANTE and continuing to have the issue I decided that it had to the be the DAW itself. There were too many DANTE solutions working in the world and our setup is too simple for me to keep chasing DANTE any further.

The ultimate problem appears to be that the I/O buffers for Reaper were too small. I imaging the crackling sounds I was hearing was the loss of samples due to small buffers. I have had 7 recording / playback sessions since upping the buffer size and have had no issues since.

Thanks all for your help!

John

gordonmcgregor

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2014, 04:57:04 PM »

Hey All,

Its been about a month and I believe the problem has now been solved. The short was that it was a DAW problem not a DANTE problem.  After validating that we were in compliance with all of the recommendations related to DANTE and continuing to have the issue I decided that it had to the be the DAW itself. There were too many DANTE solutions working in the world and our setup is too simple for me to keep chasing DANTE any further.

The ultimate problem appears to be that the I/O buffers for Reaper were too small. I imaging the crackling sounds I was hearing was the loss of samples due to small buffers. I have had 7 recording / playback sessions since upping the buffer size and have had no issues since.

Thanks all for your help!

John

Just as a general comment when you're multitracking from a "live" event onto a computer and not overdubbing there's no need to keep the buffers low, having thme set quite high helps more than just the playback it can take the load down enough that even older or less powerful machines will reliably record and playback fairly large track counts, just don't try and overdub :).
I quite often see people take their studio computer out to track their band live and the thing is often a really powerful device but it won't hack it and more often than not it's buffer size that is the problem, closely followed by running loads of plugins while tracking why? glad you got an answer to the problem and thanks for sharing the answer. G

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2014, 04:57:04 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 25 queries.