ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dante Via...More cool networking?  (Read 14207 times)

Riley Casey

• Wash DC
Re: Dante Via...Wave Soundgrid killer?
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2014, 03:37:01 PM »

http://www.jackosx.com

Does JACK run on  Windows? You are talking about the Jack Audio Connection Kit, right? The most popular audio API for Linux?

Kieran Walsh

• Audinate
Re: Dante Via...Wave Soundgrid killer?
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2014, 10:51:20 AM »

Audinate may have changed their plans recently, this needs to be re-affirmed.

Tom - Please check the AVnu alliance website www.avnu.org here you will see that Audinate are still a member of the organisation established to promote AVB, as indeed are many Dante Licensees in the Pro Audio Space, The announced one's being:
Harman
Biamp
Bosch
Bose
Calrec
Clear One
Crestron
Focusrite
Loud Technologies
PreSonus
Sennheiser
Shure
TC Group
Yamaha

Of the above the overwhelming majority have shipping Dante product today... in fact to my knowledge maybe only 2 or 3 don't.

Applying this rigidity to AVnu certification (which for an interoperable world is absolutely essential when it comes to AVB) The AVnu website only lists some switches from Extreme networks as having passed certification (when I checked at 3:50pm BST on 26th June 2014) . I believe that there may be some more devices that are about to be granted certificates according to recent press articles, in the same way that I believe some of the above that I have not counted have shown working or have announced product but are not shipping it as of this morning... but "any day now".

It may be that some of these companies have their own "in-house" AVB implementation which is of course their decision. Being a Dante licensee means in concrete terms that they all have an interoperable Dante solution today, which means that should the AVnu certified AVB ecosystem expand they will all be able to take advantage of future networking developments on the Dante pltaform which is not just limited to IEEE 1722 Layer 2 AVB, but also AES67 and whichever new networking technologies will emerge.

Audinate are a networking company, and implementing technologies that are in demand by the market is what networking companies do. This is no different to a console manufacturer choosing a variety of different interface cards, or an amp manufacturer... or a DSP manufacturer... or a microphone manufacturer.......... Networking technologies are not distinguished (in general) by a different looking connector, so the temptation to dig down into minutiae is greater - granted.
Senior Technical Solutions Manager, Audinate EMEA.

Matthew Huber

Re: Dante Via...More cool networking?
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2014, 10:03:05 AM »

Pretty excited about this. My head is spinning with the possibilities.

I've always been a firm believer that Dante is the best technology out there; I hope to see even more widespread adoption.

Ben Anderson

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2014, 02:31:04 AM »

Looks Cool, so does this mean that i could run outputs of a DAW straight into waves Multitrack for virtual sound check using DANTE VIA?

For virtual sound check i currently use DVS to send 64 channels onto the Dante network that then come back into the same machine via rednet pci, then into multirack and back out etc. swapped from live inputs to virtual with patch presets in the DANTE controller.

Is there a larger channel count?  :D

is Q4 here yet?   

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2015, 03:55:32 PM »

Now that via is getting closer to release (hopefully), I'd like to know if there's any possibility of supporting iOS/Wireless devices in the future. Being able to stream audio from Dante (even with horrible latency) to wireless devices would be extremely useful!
e.g. Backstage/office monitoring
Remote announcements/paging
-Andy

"Well, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle..."

http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
Saving lives through Digital Audio, Programming and Electronics.

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2015, 04:18:44 PM »

I, and many others are still waiting for off line configuration editing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2015, 04:22:53 PM »

I, and many others are still waiting for off line configuration editing.

You're referring to Dante Controller, not Via specifically, correct?
-Andy

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2015, 04:27:15 PM »

You're referring to Dante Controller, not Via specifically, correct?

Yup.

I don't always have the luxury of setting up a whole rig in the shop and building the patches and then not having time at the event to do it either. If a piece of gear will be supplied, then, now, you have to do it at the gig.

If there were an offline editor you could build configurations for the possible combinations in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Andrew Broughton

• Check Check One Two
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2015, 04:34:39 PM »

Gotcha. Different topic. Let's not derail the via discussion.
-Andy

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2015, 04:34:39 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 24 queries.