ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Portacom experience  (Read 3096 times)

Eric Armstrong

Portacom experience
« on: June 03, 2013, 08:49:35 PM »

Has anyone used these setups? I'm curious about Anchors intercom packages in general. I know they make some super durable stuff, but I haven't had my hands on any of their comm stuff. I did a forum search with little results so any input on these setups is appreciated.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Posting Rules
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 09:17:37 PM »

I did a forum search with little results

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real first and last name as required by the posting rules displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section, and on the registration page when you registered.

Mac

Thomas Lamb

Re: Portacom experience
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 06:51:28 AM »

Has anyone used these setups? I'm curious about Anchors intercom packages in general. I know they make some super durable stuff, but I haven't had my hands on any of their comm stuff. I did a forum search with little results so any input on these setups is appreciated.

Had one at a place I used to work. The body packs and power supplies are well built but the headsets are junk! We gradually replaced all the headsets with telex units. Where I'm at now we have production intercom pretty much the same story built well but the headsets are pretty cheap not nearly as bad as portacom though. We are about to switch to riedel that should be awesome!
bigTlamb

"If you suck on a functional analog desk, you'll really suck on a complex digital desk...." Dick Rees

Eric Armstrong

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 11:31:47 AM »

Thanks for the input. Once you switched to the Telex cans how was the audio quality?

Thomas Lamb

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 06:51:43 PM »

Thanks for the input. Once you switched to the Telex cans how was the audio quality?

The audio quality was actually fine before and after. We even used the input module so tge TelePrompTer operators could hear better and it always sounded fine.
bigTlamb

"If you suck on a functional analog desk, you'll really suck on a complex digital desk...." Dick Rees

Eric Armstrong

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2014, 09:50:44 AM »

Just in case anyone was googling this issue I wanted to follow up on my own topic.

I ended up purchasing the wired and wireless Portacom system.

Wired-

This system has been awesome! Comfortable headsets, solid build, and great audio quality. I installed the system on existing wiring and have had over a year of reliable hard use. After receiving the kit I disassembled the "branch box" to find it was a metal box with xlr terminals and one resistor. When I spoke with Anchor Audio they confirmed it was not necessary to use the branch boxes to split the signal. Hopefully that little tidbit will help someone else who is looking to install this system on existing infrastructure. Just be sure to respect the cable size and length guidelines. For the price I doubt you can find a better wired intercom system.

Wireless-

Simply put the wireless system is cheaply built, bulky, and has poor audio quality. I would not recommend purchasing the wireless system for mission critical applications.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2014, 09:50:44 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 23 queries.