ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Allen & Heath Qu-32  (Read 16298 times)

jasonfinnigan

Allen & Heath Qu-32
« on: June 17, 2014, 10:41:13 PM »

http://www.allen-heath.com/ahproducts/qu-32/

Any Guess on these newbie announced today? MSRP? I'm curious if this will take over the X32 Market..

EDIT: Just got word MSRP will be $2,500
No idea if the D-Snake with the Qu-32 can do a digital split snake like the Behringer X32 does though.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 11:21:42 PM by JasonFinnigan »

Brian Jojade

• HappyMac Digital Electronics
Re: Allen & Heath Qu-32
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 11:32:01 PM »

It's not going to take over the X32 market, however it's another contender in the space.  The MSRP of $2500 likely means a price drop of the X32 systems is on the way to keep pace.

This is more of a competitor to the SI expression.  The lack of digital scribble strips make this stand out as a different unit than the X32's. 
Brian Jojade

Thomas Le

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 01:38:13 AM »

This looks like a perfect upgrade for my church, originally I thought of going the SI expression 3 but couldn't get over the 30 fader count and also couldn't get over the Behringer name even if the X32 is proven in the wild.

I spy new stageboxes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 03:08:50 AM »

Any Guess on these newbie announced today? MSRP? I'm curious if this will take over the X32 Market..

EDIT: Just got word MSRP will be $2,500

Current MAP on the QU-24 is $2799.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Meyer Sound, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Intellistage, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, On-Stage, more...

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 09:29:24 AM »

This looks like a perfect upgrade for my church, originally I thought of going the SI expression 3 but couldn't get over the 30 fader count and also couldn't get over the Behringer name even if the X32 is proven in the wild.

I spy new stageboxes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What difference does that really make? The entire expression line has 66 channels to mix capability out of the box and compatibility with all of the SI line expansion boxes and most expansion cards.

The fader count has never been an issue for me, and quite the opposite. With the fader glow feature and extremely logical board layout these are some of the most capable low cost and easily expanded boards on the market. And by the way, with my old eyes it's easier for me to read what I write on a piece of tape, or once the channel has been selected read my description of the channel in the touch screen, which is almost never used once the channel parameters have been set.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Rob Gow

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 11:50:33 AM »

Would it break the bank to add a few more LED's in each channel?

:(

jasonfinnigan

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2014, 11:51:38 AM »

Current MAP on the QU-24 is $2799.

That price was straight from the horses mouth, but it may be Euro and not USD since they aren't an American company.

Anyway this board is interesting but not really something I'd pickup. I think If I replaced my X32s and Digital Snake it would be the GLD series.

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2014, 01:05:18 PM »

Would it break the bank to add a few more LED's in each channel?

:(

What would additional LEDs be used for?
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Steve M Smith

• Isle of Wight - England
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2014, 01:40:23 PM »

The fader count has never been an issue for me, and quite the opposite. With the fader glow feature and extremely logical board layout these are some of the most capable low cost and easily expanded boards on the market. And by the way, with my old eyes it's easier for me to read what I write on a piece of tape, or once the channel has been selected read my description of the channel in the touch screen, which is almost never used once the channel parameters have been set.

I used an Si3 Expression for the fist time a couple of weeks ago and I agree entirely.  I was given a three minute tutorial and left to get on with it.  Everything was very logical.

I was initially surprised that it did not have the scribble strips like the X32 has but when you're used to writing on a strip of tape, it's not a big deal.

Steve.

jasonfinnigan

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2014, 02:12:10 PM »

I was initially surprised that it did not have the scribble strips like the X32 has but when you're used to writing on a strip of tape, it's not a big deal.

Steve.

IMO If there are not layers board tape is quicker and easier than scribble strips. With layers I want scribble strips but I and many others have use analog boards along with the M7CL without them for years just using painters tape and got along fine. I find the scribble strips more time consuming to setup then labeling with board tape.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2014, 02:12:10 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 25 queries.