ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Old University Horns  (Read 7223 times)

Frank DeWitt

• LBP DI Box
Old University Horns
« on: June 17, 2014, 02:46:26 PM »

I reactivated 4 old horns after a 30 year rest in the steeple of a local church.

They are now part of a PC based carillon system.
Not to Code

claude cascioli

Re: Old University Horns
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 08:57:17 AM »

I reactivated 4 old horns after a 30 year rest in the steeple of a local church.

They are now part of a PC based carillon system.
[/quote
why do people think that these horns are obsolete. atlas sound still makes them. and there are useful applications for them . i own about a hundrued of them and i do use them. they work great for sporting event mobile public address and yes i still own 2 bogen mu1250 120/12 volt amps and if you eq them they dont sound dont sound bad. the problem  is most times they are under powered with no eq.

Frank DeWitt

• LBP DI Box
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 02:20:14 PM »

Not obsolete just old.  I thought it was great that after sitting in the weather for 30 years all they needed was a signal.
Not to Code

Art Welter

• Santa Fe, New Mexico
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 04:18:58 PM »

Not obsolete just old.  I thought it was great that after sitting in the weather for 30 years all they needed was a signal.
Phenolic diaphragms seem to last forever. When traveling in various Muslim regions saw (and heard!) many old horns that probably dated from as far back as 1940 that have been in continuous use five times a day calling the prayers.

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2014, 09:14:01 AM »

Frank,
Thanks for the post. These are the horns I used with my first real PA, one per side and powered by a 50 watt Bogen. These are the first pictures I've been able to find. Plenty of output with these horns and always more than capable of doing the job.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

claude cascioli

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 05:33:26 PM »

it seems these old horns never die . i own about a hundred  of them and i still use them. these not super high fidelity but in curtain jobs they work very well. give them a lot of power use 1/3 octave eq and you can get them to sound quite good. no i would never try and use them for a concert but i do a lot of parades and for speech and light music i can get them sounding very good

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 05:33:26 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 23 queries.